Can I share a great experience with you all?

by jonjonsimons 26 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

JonJon,

So sorry about your health. It's a bear isn't it? I wish you good luck and comfort during your treatments.

Pat

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Hello all,
    Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I'm having great days like yesterday and some crap days like today, but that's par for the course. Knowing people care helps more than you know.

Tina darling,
    I'll email you later tonight or tommorow. (((hugs)))

Harmony thanks for the email! You boosted my spirits! (passing to the left!!)

Rex,
    Thanks for the advise but the old athiest in me is pretty stubborn! I do appreciate your concern and I know it's genuine. Thanks.

Ana, you're the best. Tell Pris I said hi! (((((hugs))))))

TW you are too sweet. Hey sorry for leaving you and Thinker out in your back yard with flashlights over your heads for so long. Dave was playing co-pilot and we got lost. Just like a straight man not to ask for directions. (hahaha)

Marilyn,
    Honey I'm so sorry for what's been going on in your family lately! You're a peach to even be thinking about me at a time like this. Take care.

Max,
    I kinda had a feeling the donation policy may have changed but I don't really keep up on the latest WT policies. If you know, would you please email me and let me know where the policy stands now. If it's going to get her in major trouble I'll have to rethink the situation. BTW thanks for coming back, you're greatly needed here!

You all are the greatest. I'll try and keep you updated. Next set of tests are scheduled for October 1, so think positive thoughts!

Peace and love to you and yours,
    Jon

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Jon, I don't really know you, but wanted to tell you how much I think of you. I've read lots of your posts and I have come to like you a lot. I'm a very private person and don't post very much. But when I read something that moves me, I respond. Your attitude inspires me. I had skin cancer and major plastic surgery on my face. I waited too long to have it diagnosed. I can never go into the sun again as long as I live.

Your sister has shown true "brotherly/sisterly love" and gone far beyond most jws in showing what Jesus actually meant by true love. It is very rare these days. Even in families. I hope everything turns out for the best for you. I sincerely mean that.

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Tina
    Tina

Jon,I've been trying to mail you,your addy didnt work-will try again luvie! hugs,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Preston
    Preston

Hi Jon,

I'm amazed at your ability to have a sense of humor during this time. Seriously, I don't know if it's becuase I'm new or something, but I didn't know you were dealing with leukemia. I cherish your sister's decision to help you out with this and I hope everything goes well. E-mail me when you get the chance, I'd like to get to know you better.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Jonjon, thank you for sharing this experience. Sometimes it takes difficulties that hit close to home to force people to re-examine their long-held beliefs. I'm so sorry that your leukemia is out of remission, but I am thrilled that you have the possibility of reconnecting with your sister. ******HUGS*****

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((Jonjon)))

Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers! Your courage (although you may not always see/feel it yourself!) is so evident to the rest of us. Inspiring it is! Yes, your "great experience" is something wonderful in these last couple days of controversy and hurt on this board. Thank you! PLEASE keep us updated as to your condition! Both health-wise and with your sister - how wonderful!!!

Love,
    Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit