I don't know if I am ready to be labeled Apostate

by spawn2u 16 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

i like the term former jehovahs witness better

That'll do for me as well. The wts can label me any way they like. I don't regard anything they say or do as important now.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I am only apostate to the WTS which in turn are apostate to the Bible, so at the end of the day its only from the point of view you choose to look at it.

CS 101

• trevor
    trevor

There is a tendency to build an ego based on labels. Some we reject others we retain, until we have a self image that we are pleased with. The labels we choose to wear will attract or repel people who have also chosen to live their lives through labels.

I say - throw them all away and just be. No labels, no typecasting. Leave all that to those who are afraid of true freedom.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Kinda like Trevor said. On here(online), I'm known as an apostate. In real life, I'm just an ex-jw. At least that is what I simply tell people if they ask what religion I am.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Apostate?

I know an apostate when I see one.

How about you?

I tell my friends and acqauintances that I used to belong to an apostate religion.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Look up "apostate" in the dictionary (or dictionary.com). It is NOT what the jws teach it is--you will be surprised, in a good way.

Why would it bother you if a bunch of people you don't like or respect call you names behind your back anyway? If they feel the need to be gossippy or stab you in the back, that is a personality defect & severe immaturity inside of them, not you. Food for thought.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Have yopu left God or Christ ? No ? Then your not an apostate and I would not worry about what others might say. I would only worry about whats in your own heart as that is how God knows us and judges us is by our hearts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit