Did anyone experience that feeling at the end of assemblies, or C/O visits?

by dido 44 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, I always had that special feeling at the end district assemblies.

It's referred to medically as SAS, or Stadium Ass Syndrome.

It's that special time of the year when your butt begins to take the shape of a stadium seat.

Rub a Dub

• dido
    dido

BizzyBee, what i am saying is that despite not being very happy in the `truth` i personally had this feeling, but it doesn`t necessarily mean that it was because i was among a crowd of people, i felt it on my own, not just because there was a gush of emotion from everyone else.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

It was a feeling YOU had that was produced by feeling a part of something larger than yourself. You felt like part of something, like you were ok, you have it right, and all these people serve to confirm it.

It's called tribe mentality, it's also the reason why we sang songs so much, it ties everyone together into a "tribe".

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Conventions and assemblies, as well as the co visits, special talk and memorial, are often attended by those who had become irregular in service or even attendance. The wts hierachy are obviously aware of this, and there are always several items designed to guilt those people into doing more, all the usual stuff like armageddon is sooo close now we must be seen to be doing our best when it strikes. I often left conventions feeling a little guilty, even when I was still 100% for the org, and would try hard to be out in service more in the weeks following. I know of many others who experienced similar feelings to me.

In short, the big events in the wts calendar are no more than another example of wts attempts to get more and more out of the r&f.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Psychosomatic.

The same reason why people who take placebos they believe are powerful painkillers suddenly experience a relief in their pain. I've personally seen that happen. The mind is powerful.

I have seen tons of psychosomatic stuff......even treated a person with psychosomatic paralysis who got out of his wheelchair after about a week of inpatient psychiatric care....previously couldn't walk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit