What generation JW are you?

by crazycate 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Myself, only second generation. My husband is fourth generation. His Great Grandmother was one of the original Bible Students. Her husband was a Church of England believer, but apparantly they never disagreed over Bible or religion. His Grandmother was the only one of 4 children to continue as a Bible Student and then Jehovahs Witness. Then, his mother is still one (when it suits her) and my husband left completely, after being inactive for 14 years, about 5 years ago. Finally the insanity stopped.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

3rd, and from a large extended family who all joined.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

3rd and hopefully last

• Darren
    Darren

3rd

• Jourles
    Jourles

I'm 2nd, the wife is 4th.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey little toe, it'll probably sound racist but I'm fascinated to know what a clan of scots witnesses is like.

We had a piano at our hall. At yours did they play kingdom melodies on the bagpipes? .. now that'd be scarey!

• Frog
    Frog
    I grew up around the religion, never was dunked in the "toilet of wasted dreams"

lol, now that's piss funny ;) hehe

well this whole thread is an interesting snapshot that's for sure! remarkable though the way family ties seemed to connect people into the org for multiple generations...it's impossible to imagine the WT org renewing its strength over the course of the next couple of decades...but no doubt we will see plenty more fractured families before then...x

• Scully
    Scully

2nd. Parents got sucked in after a cross-country move in the late 60s - JWs love-bombed them when we were strangers in a strange land and had no friends in our new neighbourhood yet. My folks were vulnerable and the JWs were opportunists extraordinaire.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

3rd.

steve

• gumby
    gumby

3rd.

My Grandmother on my moms side had 9 kids and every single one was a hardcore dub......so my moms side of the family is a big big dub family. My daughters kids are of course dubs so our family is 5 generations deep now. Most of my dads side of the family are mormons.......so I guess it was "meant to be" for me to be born into a cult of some type.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit