At This Point, Would You Care If You Are or Were Disfellowshipped???

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

A bitter experience at any stage.

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

It bothered me a first that they searched me out to DF me. I just wanted to fade and be left alone. But noooooo. Now in retrospect I am glad it happened this way, as a clean break (though I am still adjusting to the change, as the JW life is all I ever knew) rather than fading and lingering. DF'd or DA, just be done with them so you can start to heal and move on with making a new life.

• some-xjw-guy
    some-xjw-guy

What stage is that? Since I've been out for years and don't care in general, no I would not care if I was DF'd. Hell, I don't care about what people in general think of me, the opinion of JWs less so in some cases.

• bisous
    bisous

not in the least. *man, Mini, you ARE the energizer buddy of thread topics, here you are eons later just churning them out!!*

• bisous
    bisous

i meant to say bunny, but I have a cold! :lol:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great question.

I would fight it tooth-and-nail. I do not promote rejection of the WTS doctrines.
    I don't encourage the rank and file to abandon them. I just don't talk about it,
    except for the one-on-one basis with the wife (and some with Mom) but never
    saying enough or leaving evidence that I should be thrown out.

If they decide to question me, I won't say anything to help them DF me.
    If they do it anyway, I will fight for two reasons

1. I don't want my wife and mother to have to choose between associating
    or not associating with me.
    2. It would be enjoyable to make the point at the JC and the Appeals
    Committee that I never did anything that they disfellowship people for.
    Even though I would lose (let's face reality) I would cause problems for the
    ones who know that I did not promote apostasy, arguing amongst themselves.

All this said- truly, I would be okay if they DF'ed me. I could openly do
    whatever I wanted to do. I would get over it, but first I would fight it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I didn't finish reading other replies, but I wanted to respond to this question:

So do they not say that someone is DISFELLOWSHIPPED and ONLY that they are no longer JWS???

They do not say that someone is DISFELLOWSHIPPED. They only say
    "Minimus is no longer one of Jehovah's Witlesses." They rely on gossip (even if they gotta start it) to get the DF or DA part to
    circulate. They don't seem to form JC's for associating lightly with a DA person, but
    mark you for it. It depends with a DF person, but they often overlook light
    association there also.

• minimus
    minimus

"Marking" is their way to punish. They disregard you, put you down, ignore you. Truly, a very loving cult.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

If they ever really come after me, its da'ing for certain. My letter is already written. I will make sure that it gets publicity and sent to all of my Witness friends before the announcement. Preparation is key. I have been working on my relationships outside of the org for years and am rapidly losing touch with the Witness world. (Except for this board.)

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

I'm already df'd but I'd like the option to annul my baptism. Contrary to what JWs teach, I chose to baptize myself to God not to an organization, but just to wipe the slate clean, I'd like to erase any evidence of my involvement with that cult.

Best,

NYCkid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit