At This Point, Would You Care If You Are or Were Disfellowshipped???

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

At this stage of "coming out" of the "Truth", would it faze you if you were disfellowshipped?

• blondie
    blondie

I would rather DA myself than be DF'd. A big letter in the local rag.

Blondie

• luna2
    luna2

A year ago it would have bothered me to be DF'd. Now? The idea doesn't bother me a bit. But then, I'm on my own. No relatives in the troof to worry about. I know other people have much different circumstances.

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

I have to agree...I would rather DA myself than be DF'd. In fact I am planning on writing a letter of DA. But if I was DF'd it would not really bother me too much. It would just show what kind of petty things they can Disfellowship you over...I would now be classed as an apostate, just becuase my idea and bliefs about the WTS have changed. But the question begs...How can I be classed has an apostate if my whole faith and believe in a God has been knocked down to zero?...surely an apostate, in the eyes of the WTBTS is one that teaches a different believe to the WTS...I am not doing that....I am just questioning their teachings...but then again...I am not allowed to do that either....am I?

So...after going of topic....I would rather DA myself than be DF'd.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Out of principal I think I should DA myself, on the other hand I can still speak to all of them, which I feel is very precious and lets me drop in a few questions to start some thinking. Some of the JW I meet don’t know I have been inactive for 10 years and think I’m serving where the need is great.
    If I find out that I was disfellowshipped it wouldn’t bother me either.
    Freetosee
    Addition: since I belonged to a foreign-language congregation our circlet is spread throughout Germany!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I've been out so long now, it doesn't bother me. There are only one or 2 people I would love to call though. I am glad I am not running in circles trying to get to the meetings during the week or feeling like I need to go out more in the service.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Nope

Dismembered

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Before, It would have bothered me when my Mom was still alive.

But, now, they can go to hell.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

>sticks head in the door<

Hey Min! How's it going? Good to see you again.

Chris

• minimus
    minimus

BIG TEX, you still are da man, bro! Good to see ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit