Scared of what will happen..

by theredhead 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• penny2
    penny2

Red, I think it's normal to be a little scared in these circumstances - even though afterwards you will realise that you didn't need to be scared. Hope everything goes well. I think it would be extremely unlikely that you would need a blood transfusion!

Will be thinking of you.

penny2

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

Hi red,

My thoughts are with you. I have had both of those done around your age too. Although, I was nervous too everything turned ok. Try not to dwell on anything negative, I know it's difficult. Everything will be fine. I took 800mg of Ibuprofen before the procedure (ask your nurse or doctor). Try relaxing breathing if you are nervous. Become informed as to why you are having this done and what exactly they will do. That will lesson the anxiety. The positive things are that you are very young and that you are being taken care of. If you are told you need a hysterectomy (as I was) get a second and third opinion. If your pelvic pain is caused by fibroids just know that as much as 80% of all women have uterine fibroids. Your abnormal pap smear could indicate that you have HPV (human papillomavirus) which is a virus that as much as 75% of sexually active men and women have or have had in their lifetime. The procedures you are having are to find out what is causing the cell changes in your cervix and the pain in your pelvis. You may have some discharge afterwards and some cramping. This is normal. As far as getting back to work that shouldn't be a problem. Just don't overdo anything.

Here's a little information about the procedure:

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Red,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow

take care

love

Linda

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I've had the loop treatment - and honestly its not nearly as painful as the biopsy you will have had after your abnormal pap. We called it the Honey Nut Loop Operation to make it sound cute. I had my first about 3 or 4 years ago and I did bleed for about a week afterwards, but it really isn't serious and takes about 15 minutes.

Good luck and try not to worry!

• delilah
    delilah

Best of wishes to you, Red. Thinking of you.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Good luck!

I think there is a fairly high success rate for these procedures, if I'm not mistaken. Just to cheer you up a bit there. Yes I had a leep & it was successful.

PS, Why do you have to go right back to doing strenuous work? I see you're in the US--you may be covered under the laws that allow you to request temporary job restrictions so you don't injure yourself. You may also be covered for a brief FMLA leave while you heal, if you need to be out of work entirely (and your employer is large enough to fall under FMLA). All you usually need is a doctor's note and to fill out some forms at your job.

• cyrus
    cyrus

Hi really feel for you .dont know anything about those procedures but when i was 17 one of my testicles spun round and cut off blood supply looked like i had a pomegranite down my pants and they had to operate everything appears ok but i dont have any kids and never been tested to see if i can.maybe im a jaffa(u know seedless)ha ha .

we will all be thinking of u but dont get into too much of a flap about it

big hugs xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit