Scared of what will happen..

by theredhead 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• theredhead
    theredhead

On May 10 2006 I will be having two surgical procedures, and I am a bit scared. Even though I have been reasured that they are both very common, I am still scared. I am having a Laparoscopy and a Leep. The Leep is to remove cervical cancer, and the Lap is to look at my repoductive organs and all the stuff. The last time I was put under I was 5 and not a jw. I have let my hubby know that if I just so happen to bleed out and need a transfusion that I am o+ blood and to let them do it. Also, I have to return to work that Monday, and I work with autistic children that I have to lift and they weigh a good 60pds. I have been unable to sleep, I worry that there may be more cancer in my body yet to crop up. Every one on my grandfathers side died of cancer or currently has cancer. My hubby calls me a worry wart, and I may be just that, but this is the first surgical procedure I have had since I was 5. The only good that will come of this is that maybe finally I will not have pelvic pain any longer.

Have any of you ladies had any of these two procedures done? What were the results?

• theredhead
    theredhead

One more thing, I am only 22 that is the other part that scares me. Being young and starting to deal with these sort of things already. But maybe I am not to young?

• Fleur
    Fleur

check your inbox, sweetie. Sent you a message...

hugs

essie

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am not a woman, but from what I know the procedures you mention are rather quick, safe, and painless and leep is usually done for precancerous cells which as far as I know don't spread.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I've had a lap several times. For me, the worst part was that anesthesia makes me nauseated.

They will tell you that you can't lift that much weight, though. You are going to have to have someone at work help you, if at all possible. I lifted about 30-40 pounds once after one of my surgeries, and I definitely felt it.

I had several major operations, including a complete hysterectomy. The best thing is to get up and walk around as soon as you possibly can. I was up the same day, walking the corridors of the hospital. When you do walk, don't hunch over, even if it hurts. My doctor told me it is best to walk and stand straight, so that your body heals properly, with all the scar tissue you'll have inside.

Good luck!
    Oh, and I was 26 when I had my hysterectomy, and I learned that many young women have similar problems. You will feel so much better afterwards. :)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I hope it all goes well. Try not to worry overly, a positive attitude helps greatly with healing.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Wishing you

the best.....

• metatron
    metatron

You should be taking selenium supplements regularily. Experiments suggest that ( except for skin cancer) cancer incidence

drops by almost half , in using selenium. I would also investigate seaweed, flax seed and maitake mushrooms as these have

demonstrated anti cancer activity that is sometimes dramatic.

Good Luck

metatron

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

{{{{{red}}}}}Sending love and good thoughts your way! You are young and strong and should be able to recover quickly from these proceduresAll my best to you

~Merry

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Best of luck Red. I have never had a surgical procedure, and I would definately be as scared as you. But once it is over you will feel a huge sense of achievement that you survived. You will be stronger and better.

Thinking of you, hun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit