Southern Food

by doodle-v 23 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Just got back from Atlanta yesterday, boy oh boy did I have an eatin good time!

grits, collard greens....biscuits and gravy... fried chicken...peach cobbler... sweet tea. yuuuum

Well im back home now and I'm off to the gym because my pants are feeling a bit tight.. hehe

-Doodle-V

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You want some more of that come on over to my house...I'll fix you up!

Josie

• juni
    juni

All sounds DELICIOUS!! Maybe though not the grits. Heard they are kind of nasty, but I'd give it a try.

Juni

• Robdar
    Robdar

Maybe though not the grits

Honey, grits are fabulous. You can do so much with them to spice them up. Good eatin', no doubt.

• juni
    juni

Hi Robdar,

Can you give me a recipe for spicing them up?

Thanks.

Juni

• Undecided
    Undecided

Juni, grits are not nasty. Put some salt and pepper, with a little butter on top and eat them with eggs and bacon and fried apples for breakfast. Of course a biscuit is also needed with a good cup of coffee.

Ken P.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Since I live in the South good southern cooking is just a kitchen away! And when I want to kick it up a bit there are plenty of good restauraunts around which serve it as well.
    Forscher

• juni
    juni

But aren't they suppose to be sort of mushy/slimy?

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    You want some more of that come on over to my house...I'll fix you up!

I'll be right over!

Honey, grits are fabulous

Definately! all I need on my grits are salt and butter, and once in awhile i'll add a dab of tobasco

-Doodle-V

• Robdar
    Robdar

But aren't they suppose to be sort of mushy/slimy? Not if they are cooked correctly. Get some instant grits. The instant kind never fail you. Sort of like instants rice. Let me look you up a couple of recipes. I'll get back to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit