I realize people hear lack faith, Can't change them, but may this will help

by jw 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I like trolls, because they're the only people I get to vent my hurt to. Clearly you're a crazy person though, so I'll go easy on you. I'll just call you stupid in a way that's so subtle you won't even notice.

• Noggin
    Noggin

Seatlenice guy writes:

It always kind of amazes me when religious people seem to think that quoting scripture is going to induce belief, as if the words were some kind of magical spell. Let me ask you this, jw, if I quoted the Koran to you, would you switch to that belief? What if it was a really neat passage? What if the passage said that people who don't believe would die? Wouldn't that be incentive to believe? What if the guy quoting it to you was 110% sincerely convinced that he was right?

Well! I have just the quote that might fit this bill from the Qua'ran, here let me go retrieve it:

Qur'an 22:19-23 "These twain (as in the believers and the disbelievers) are two opponents who contend concerning their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve [Allah of Islam], garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads... their bellies and skin will be melted, they will be tormented with iron hooks, and when they try to escape they will be driven back with the taunt: 'Taste the doom of burning'. Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron. Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning."
    Now that is just precious. I get teary eyed reading it. I believe that Muhammed was 110% sincere when he wrote this... er... excuse me, when he wrote down what the Angel Gabriel told him to write. JW, please reconsider the genesis of your faith. It is no more or no less true than Islam, Mormonism or even the local snake handler cult in Alabama. Noggin Noggin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit