Infiltration by Apostates

by Kenneson 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

In my very limited knowledge of JWs (from the outside) it seems to me that the internet with its research capabilities is the biggest threat faced by WTBTS.

It also appears that their strongest areas are in developing countries, or at least not the most developed ones, and perhaps amongst less privileged people who are less likely to have access to the net. If this is correct, is it coincidence?

• Lord-Quad
    Lord-Quad

Sick of lies, is not a repoter, nor did he do an investigation for a reporter. He posted his own experience and recordings of his experience. The Watchtower bible and Tract Society is guilty of a lot things, including things you have not thought of. Being webmaster of watchtower.cc, I have learned more about ct russel and his background, as well as rutherford, and I tell you what, the mafia would be a safer place for anyone in this organization to be!

Regards,

David

www.watchtower.cc

• luna2
    luna2
    If this is correct, is it coincidence?

Nope, no coincidence, Joe. Ignorance and poverty are their friends. They, of course, would attribute their greater successes in less developed countries to the "meek and humble" attitude of the people...and the lack of material distractions.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hang on - did I miss something? Is Sick Of Lies a reporter - i mean know he reported on being Dfed etc - but did he join specifically to get Dfed and then report on it? I thought he was a bona fide JW raised in it etc.

It doesn't matter a great deal for me either way - but I have more respect for him as someone who was as misled as I and discovered the real troof about the troof rather than someone from outside who always knew it was prize baloney.

• Lord-Quad
    Lord-Quad

Sick of lies is NOT a reporter! He is/was a victim just like the rest of us.

• KW13
    KW13

no no, he's exposed in a documentary. he's not left for good but he's going to sit back while he gets stuff in his life done (for example studying)

he dugg the article to get loads of hits, word spread quick.

• Lord-Quad
    Lord-Quad

Now, I think I missed something. Sick of lies was exposed in a documentary? Or were you being sarcastic?

• rekless
    rekless

It really amazes me how JWs feel so threatened by apostates. Do they have something to hide? Sure they do they don't anyone knowing what really is going on in the organization.

I disagree, I feel that the average R&Fer has no idea about what is really going on in the organization.

I was a dubby for 30+ years. I lost a son to Luekemia and a wife to cancer. I was threatened by apostates because it was the in thing to do, stick your head in the sand, don't listen. We were not even allowed to have a aurgument at the door. If the house holder did not agree with us we shook the dust off and left. It didn't have anything to do with not wanting any outsider to know what went on within the Congregation..

Hell I didn't know anything about the inner workings of the organization. I didn't associate with any of the elite . I stayed away from the CO, DO, even though I was an elder. Ididn't even know they got clothing allowance and slave wages for the first 25 years.

So it boiled to this: ignorance is bliss, maintain a group mentality, Us against the world.

Now, only those who knew the inner workings of the GB and who is loyal to the org. are afraid that the outside world will learn the secret. If we learn and disagree we are DFed.

So they are threatened because they are told to be afraid of those who disagree especially known ex JWs who tried to advance their view point.

• Lord-Quad
    Lord-Quad

If the do and co got clothing allowance, I can almost guarantee it was not the Society that paid for it. It was the congregations in the area where they served. Would this be a safe observation based on others that were treated in the same manner compliments of the local congregations in that circut or district?

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

After listening to the recordings, it sounded like they thought they had something on SOL and were basically just trying to ask him "the" questions in order to prove that he should be DF'd. They tried to cover over that they were genuinely interested in his spiritual welfare, but the tone and them of their questionings had one objective. I read on a previous post the questions elders usually ask as the guide for DF'ing and the brothers here asked the same questions. It was amazing how they worded their questions, it was so sly and 'slickery' in how they were trying to reason him into a corner sot hat he would implicate himself. I also noticed a sense of gloating in their voices as well.
    You would think this was an interrogation instead of some spiritual stronger men who really wanted to help a brother and fellow slave of Christ. Throughout the bible when a prophet or leader ask someone if something was true, they asked once, if true then punishment, otherwise, they left it up to GOD to pursue, unless they had the Holy Spirit to tell them if the person was lying to the prophet. But these men, who claim to have guidance by the Holy Spirit were no where near like someone who had God's Holy Spirit.

..just my humble observations..
    truth.ceeker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit