Gods organisation here on Earth

by Dr Jekyll 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

bttt

• Terry
    Terry

1.First you had humans walking and talking with God in Eden.

2.Then, after THE FALL, God dealt with people according to how accurate they were in guessing what kind of sacrifice He wanted to persuade Him to pay attention to their requests. (Cain gave vegetables and got nothing. Abel gave animal blood and God grinned from ear to ear.)

3.Abraham was willing to shed his own son's blood and God gave him a promise of blessing.

None of the above scenarios requires a formal organization to gain God's attention.

4.The LAW is given which is a "shadow" template of how man will be redeemed from death and brought back into God's family. The PRIESTs are in the capacity of officiating the sacrifices by slaughtering the animals, sprinkling blood and eating the meat themselves. Levites have no land assigned.

5.What about the CLEAR SEPARATION between the Jews as a nation and the Gentiles during the time of Moses' Law?

People did what was right in their own eyes and were judged according to their individual consciences. Two separate policies for two separate peoples!

The Jews needed rituals and sacrifices. The Gentiles did not.

Why the distinction?

The sacrifices, shedding of blood and priesthood only applied to descendants of Abraham. Gentiles weren't under law and had no need of ritual blood atonement. They went their own way with their own theories of god(s) appeasements.

Christians seem to want to identify with those who were bound by law! The want to be under the 10 Commandments.

Jehovah's Witnesses have placed a latter-day PRIESTHOOD between God and the rank and file. They have divided the ORGANIZATION into Levites and Pharisees.
    The rank and file publisher corresponds to the non-Priest (non-Levite) citizen of Israel in this view. They must constantly make sacrifices under the watchful eye of approved rituals to earn their forgiveness.
    Jesus did away with such an arrangement. By doing away with the need of formal approach each worshipper is free to petition God with his own heart and conscience.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Loveylil,

Thank you for this post!! I have had family throw the question at us many times: The scriptures say not to forsake gathering together... I have quoted back the scripture sited thst says, where two or more are gathered in my name...that always shuts them up! However.. the scriptures you posted REALLY go in harmony together to emphasis this point!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I will use this when the elders return on them!! No doubt we will get the who guilt thing again about being at the hall. Most likely we will get a ultimatum! I will like to see them try and reply to these scriptures!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit