Gods organisation here on Earth

by Dr Jekyll 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    then she rambled on about so called "Dark ages" where after Jesus and before the witnesses there was no one or nothing

So why would a loving God like Jehovah leave his people in spiritual darkness for nearly two thousand years? We were constantly taught how Jehovah was like a loving parent that looks after us if we do his will. For those two thousand years is your mother saying Jehovah was an absent father?

• KW13
    KW13

yep lol, nice of him eh?

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I Tim. 2:5 There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.

Only one middle man...if we want to organize or attend an organization for social reasons..that's okay..but we don't need to, and certainly not to look to them as our mediator.. like we were told to do, at the WT.. ugh.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Insight is also gained by the way the nation of Israel was organized after Joshua. It was so loosely organized that it couldn't even be called a confederation. Basically each extended family and city was a unit unto itself. There was no central authority. The only unity was in their law which the levites living throughout the land were responsible to teach. Judicial affairs were handled by city elders who held their position by virtue of age and wisdom rather than by appointment by a central authority.
    In times of crisis, God would raise a "Judge", or charismatic leader who would lead Israel during the crisis. He was usually followed not becaused they were forced to by God, but because they recognised the nessesity of cooperation with somebody leading the show. In other words, God governed not with a controlling organization like the WTBTS, but by moving people with his spirit. at times he let them do what they wanted without interference as is testified to many times throughout the book of judges. Remember, the arraingement of a King with his coersive powers originated not with God. Rather it was demanded by the people.
    The early christian church was governed in pretty much the same manner. The central authority which the Governing Body claims to be the heirs of just didn't exist. central human authority was an apostasy.
    Forscher

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

Cool.. nice stuff. I noticed a lot of stuff in the Jehovah's Witness bible is contraditing. Anyone come up on stuff like that? It just makes me question myself somewhat

• KW13
    KW13

Acts 13:2 As they were publicly ministering to Jehovah and fasting, the holy spirit said: "Of all persons set Bar´na·bas and Saul apart for me for the work to which I have called them."

Now note how the Holy Spirit had spoken on its own...

the Society say the Spirit is actually Gods Power, his Active Force NOT a living being. This is wrong.

• under_believer
    under_believer
    Cool.. nice stuff. I noticed a lot of stuff in the Jehovah's Witness bible is contraditing. Anyone come up on stuff like that? It just makes me question myself somewhat

I don't think it's really any more inherently contradicting than any other Bible. There are many threads on this board that analyze the New World Translation, I encourage you to search for them (I don't have links handy.) They boil down to this, though: There are a couple of verses here and there changed to emphasize or deemphasize one doctrine or another (John 1:1 changed to deemphasize the Trinity, for example, though the NWT is not the only book with that wording), and they added the name "Jehovah" to the New Testament where it wasn't originally. Overall though there isn't a huge amount to criticize in that Bible.

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

But the trinity is false... I mean... wasn't John 1:1 like that in the beggining. Did the KJV not just change it?

• glitter
    glitter

Someone will pop up here and give you a better answer no doubt :) but the actual Greek goes:

In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God. And God was the Word.

I read that for myself when I was looking an the JW interlinear edition (English with Greek underneath). Made me do this face: o_O there's no "a god" about it. :D Ask to see an interlinear and you can see for yourself.

I don't *understand* the Trinity, the whole idea also makes me do this face o_O :D... *but* the Bible seems to support it. I mean it says all things were made through the Word, but the very first line of the Bible is "In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth"... so which is it?!

Also if people go "The Trinity is impossible"... who are we to put limits on what God can do? If He wants to be in 2 places at once, he can, because He's *God*!

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

filed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit