Gods organisation here on Earth

by Dr Jekyll 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    1 John 2:26-29 — These things I write YOU about those who are trying to mislead YOU. 27 And as for YOU, the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU, and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him. 28 So now, little children, remain in union with him, that when he is made manifest we may have freeness of speech and not be shamed away from him at his presence. 29 If YOU know that he is righteous, YOU gain the knowledge that everyone who practices righteousness has been born from him.

After receiving the anointing, they no longer needed to be taught. First C.T. Russell, then J.F. Rutherford, then "the Society", then "the Governing Body", and all claimed to be God's means of teaching the anointed.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AlanF
    AlanF

A pretty good refutation of the Watchtower's claim can be found in the article “Does God Work Through An Organization?” by Tom Cabeen here:

http://brci.org/Attachments/Org.pdf

One example that JWs cannot answer is this: according to the Watchtower timetable, the faithful man Job lived about the time that Moses lived. Job was not an Israelite, but an Oriental according to the book of Job, and therefore did not recognize Moses' spiritual authority over him. Nor did Job's companions who were worshipers of Jehovah. Job was therefore not part of the "organization" of the Israelites, which "organization" the Watchtower claims was at that time the exclusive organization through which God "worked". Therefore, the Bible itself proves the Watchtower's claim about one exclusive organization false.

AlanF

• luna2
    luna2

Ah, good, Elsewhere and Auld Soul showed up with their bookbags. What a relief!

• KW13
    KW13

very very good points folks, might i point out that i asked the good doctor to start this for me, since my two topic a day limit is up. i'll be using these on my mum

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Auldsoul and Alan,

Both great points you brought out! Also, I read that article about whether God needs an org. It is very good, I highly reccomend.

• blondie
    blondie

Good answer, AlanF.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Some good points there !

Thanks

• greendawn
    greendawn

"Wherever there are two and three people gathered in my name I will be in their midst"

That shows that something as a basic as two or three people gathered together can bring Jesus in their midst there is no reason for an organisation.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

I thought this was an interesting survey------>

Survey: Two-Thirds of Evangelicals Doubt Jesus' Words Regarding Salvation Thru Him Alone

There's a new poll out which points to a growing rejection among Evangelicals that Jesus is the only way of salvation. For years, most evangelical Christians have been taught and accepted the words of Jesus in John 14:6, where He states, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man cometh unto the Father but my Me." But now a new Newsweek/Beliefnet poll is showing a shocking number of people who call themselves evangelical and born-again have come to reject those words.The question in the poll read: "Can a good person who isn't of your religious faith go to heaven or attain salvation, or not?" According to the poll results of more than 1,000 adults 18 years of age and older, 68 percent of evangelical Christians believe "good" people of other faiths can also go to heaven. Nationally, 79 percent of those surveyed said the same thing, with an "astounding" 91 percent agreement among Catholics, notes Beliefnet. Beliefnet spokesman Steven Waldman calls the results "pretty amazing."

• KW13
    KW13

i made the point to mum also that surely the point of it all was spreading the "good news" and tell folks what jesus did...so why should the Organization and the Society come before it.

one other thing i told her was that surely no one can own it and that through 3rd party material like the Watchtower and Awake the message could by mistake be watered down. Then she said "but its God's org, he wouldn't allow that" so i said "but if it is his org, what about mistakes made in the past"

then she rambled on about so called "Dark ages" where after Jesus and before the witnesses there was no one or nothing, kindly i asked what about people like Paul, Titus, Timothy. She didn't like that.

Point is...they make the ORG more important than the message for their own self glorification. if i can prove to my mum he doesn't have an org, i am cool with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit