Guess what I found

by Lady Lee 32 Replies latest jw friends

• White Waves
    White Waves

I live very near an area of tourism. The JWs put magazines and tracts in the Tourism Information Stands and Kiosks that are in the doorways of most businesses, including pharmacies and grocery stores. This pisses me off so I grap them, crumple them or tear them on the spot and then toss them in the nearest trash can as I don't want to be carrying them through the store. My boyfriend is amazed at how many I find but is sometimes annoyed that I take the time to look but I just can't help myself. Some days, I just wish a JW would see me and say something. These locations are paid for by the local businesses for advertising purposes, the JWs have no right to use them or count it as a placement.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    That poor little old JW lady would poop in her nylons if she knew she was inadvertently supplying an Apostateā„¢.

God that is funny! Everyone quit giving me mags!

• bem
    bem

When I was working at the womens shelter they would manage to disappear while I was on duty One morning my boss mentioned she had noticed they were going faster than usual she was surprised they hardly ever got picked up before. I fessed up, and she said she heard nothing and she saw nothing, I told her the families had enough to deal with they didn't need that mess mixed in the lot.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

What wonderful waters of truth! I can't wait to get a sip.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Peddling those magazines the FDS makes a handsome profit out of having millions of unpaid distributors in so many countries, that is some success. And not because it is preaching the good news in so many countries around the world.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Those dirty things are easy to spot a mile away, aren't they Lee? :)

I dumped a couple of French ones I found in the emerg waiting room. at St. B.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Nos you got it right Those things can be spotted anywhere.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a JW with his book bag. Actually the first one I have seen since I moved to Ottawa!!!

But I've found (and taken) them from the doctor's office more than once

What gets me is that they count them as placements. I know we were encouraged to leave them in places where people could find them but I always felt like I was cheating.

• Thinkagain
    Thinkagain

Way to go white waves I am sure you do realize how many lives you are saving

we all aprechiate your hard work . We try to help out every chance we can also.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Last week when my son was staying with us for a few days, his father , my ex dropped off something for my son. Anyway later the next morning I saw four or six magizines on the floor outside the secured door. I was going to pick them up when I got home but some one had taken them. Hopefully to the garbage bin...

I asked my ex the other day if he left magizines in the front foyer and he said yes. Oh that made me mad, cause I know he counts them for service. He does it everywhere around town and so do other witnesses I am sure.

I can get anything I want from him because he thinks I willl come back into the org. ( fat chance ), however he has no idea I have ulterior motives for wanting the literature. Poor boy is so interested in placing as many as he can when I ask him for a few. Doh!!

If only he knew...

gotch yeh.

Orangefatcat..

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

((((OFC))) I can't tell ya how good it is to see you post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit