Could the JW's be in "survival mode"?

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I notice that they don't preach much door to door anymore. I'm not the only one who notices this around here.

I was just wondering if they reached a point where they can't bring anyone to the Org. anymore, so all that counts for them is to keep going to their meetings and wait for Armageddon.

• JH
    JH

Their days of "Production" seems to be over around here anyways. I don't see any new faces, nor increases in their statistics anymore.

Maybe their battle has passed from "offensive" to "defensive" now....

• KW13
    KW13

someone mentioned that the Society have told JW's, that the Preaching work is slowing down "a sign of the times" supposedly.

maybe they'll start making the R&F hang on tightly by making these times even more "dangerous".

my mum was REALLY excited about the convention, telling me what its called and everything, can't remember the name but like every other event above your average meeting, it gives the impression of "end in sight, we may announce something HUUUUGE" and every year each JW forgets its nothing new and gets all excited again. idiots.

• metatron
    metatron

I'd say they're drifting into "say anything" mode. When a guy wants to seduce a woman, he "says anything" , tells any lie, to get her.

So, we now see the Watchtower leaders tossing out any theory to keep the organization going, as with the recent 'slow down' comment.

metatron

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Around here everybody loves their old "RVs". They simply continue to call on the same people week after week, many times not even getting anybody at home. The quality of the JW "ministry" from what i've been seeing is pretty terrible. Not only are they putting in a lukewarm effort, but many of those out there HAVE NOT CLUE as to what they are talking about.
    I was actually out in service a while ago with a guy who didn't know what I ment when I said that Christ was "the way". His thinking was that "they way" was everything JWs belived INCLUDING Jesus! When you have people like that going door to door, you really can't expect much.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

It's true..it's been a long time since I saw them in the street. I know though that they do continue, because my dad goes out every week.

Maybe they have caught on a few tricks and actually preach whenever and wherever it seems like people are not...like I did.

• yucca
    yucca

Here they set up a table in front of the grocery store. I hate to see them because my daughter will go and talk to them. They threaten to call the police on her. Sometimes they yell at her dont you pull your bible out. Shes very good at talking to them . What a gift she has for it. When she brought up the UN deal they really got upset. It wasnt long they packed up their stuff and left.My daughter got this one man really upset and she told him look it up on the internet. We have never seen that man again there so we are hoping maybe it made him go home and look the info up and started him thinking. Hopefully we can touch peoples lives and help them change for a better life . Oh the reason I dont like to see them cause I am tired and just want to shop and get home and my daughter can talk for a long time. LOL God Bless Audrey

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

No dub likes going door-to-door. Except for the sadly over-zealous and oblivious types. The great thing about all this is how loudly the FDS beat the drums to get out in the ministry but no one cares anymore. It reminds me of a great line in Sunset Boulevard: "she's still waving to a parade that passed by 20 years ago."

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Around here everybody loves their old "RVs".

Man, it has really been a long time since I've been out in service! When I first read that sentance I thought you were talking about Recreational Vehicles!! lol

BB

• under_believer
    under_believer

Service activity is still fruitful and active among the immigrant population, both legal and illegal. This is one of the primary reasons the Society has been really pushing foreign-language service lately.

It's also semi-successful among poor people.

Among white middle class Americans, though, it's so statistically unlikely to find anyone who is interested that congregations in that demographic are having a really hard time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit