Could the JW's be in "survival mode"?

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi under believer, welcome to the forum!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a largely futile effort considering that they need an awful amount of input to make one convert. By now most people have realised that they are a cult and their hearts have been closed to their message and promises.

• under_believer
    under_believer
    Hi under believer, welcome to the forum!

/waves Hi, thanks for the welcome. I still can't believe I'm even doing this.

• IW
    IW

I think many of the publishers are definitely in a survival mode! Practically holding their breath, hoping against hope the Watchtower will get it right soon cause their young are spiritually dying.

IW

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome under_believer. Did you actually say "I can't believe I am doing this?" Great pun!

Yes, I think we are seeing them go to ground in a basic survival mode. I think they will in fact survive for a long time, but are hurting badly.

The minority-third nation growth thing does seem to be their last ammunition reserve.

Did you see the other thread "Do you think the WTS will just die soon(sic)"? I think this one is closer to the money...

James

• VM44
    VM44

I think the JW rate of growth will drop drastically after the year 2014.

People will really realize that the Watchtower doesn't know what it had been talking about, and will lose faith in it as God's Organization.

--VM44

• Highlander
    Highlander

My mom and brother are still fanatics about 'field service' neither of them have time to pioneer, but god forbid they never miss a saturday in service!! or tuesday, or thursday....

• under_believer
    under_believer
    I think the JW rate of growth will drop drastically after the year 2014.

People will really realize that the Watchtower doesn't know what it had been talking about, and will lose faith in it as God's Organization.

I wouldn't count on it. We've seen them survive too many reversals and switches in doctrine for that to be likely.

I think it'll be a slow decline, not tied to any one event or year.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

yes - I agree that they could be.
    They have no sense of direction at present. That doesn't mean that they are in danger of imminent collapse - there are too many 'old timer' and hard liners for that. But in developed countries nothing new or exciting is happening.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

In my old congregation, I heard that there has been a significant decline in the attendance. People have said repeatedly that the congregation is not very loving. This shows itself in many different ways including the field service. I still notice witnesses in the ministry but I don't really notice the same zeal anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit