Better off Poor in UK than Rich in US!

by Seeker4 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Seeker4,

this cheap chicken that you buy is probably the worst chicken in the world to eat. It can only be a factory farmed chicken which simply means your are damaging your long term health.
    Despite popular belief these chicken are NOT low fat their physiology has been changed so much that they are no longer natural. Even if you remove the visible fat you are left with a high fat meat with all sorts of hormones are and other crap added to it due to the farmer's methods of growing chickens at twice their natural rate.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Spectrum,
    You may be right, but I've seen no side-effects and my health is excellent. I know it's a controversial subject, and one well worth investigating.
    I also eat wild meat - I'm a hunter. It's very hard to avoid food that isn't in some way affected by chemicalss, though I live next to the largest organic farm in New England, plus grow as much food for myself as I can. There is a lot of organic meat available locally, but it is really expensive.
    The chicken actually being full of fat I'll have to look into. That doesn't make sense to me. Fat is fat. How do they make fat look like lean meat? I've cut open many a wild turkey, and the meat looks no different than a Shaw's Butterball.
    S4

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I love food, I love cooking and I love eating. I don't want that to be detrimental to my life, but one of the great pleasures of my life - both for how I feel and how fit and healthy I am. I don't want food to make me fat, I want it to be part of what makes me fit.

S4 - great post and very helpful! I agree about food - one of life's great pleasures.

Mr. Bee has always been athletic with relatively good eating habits and at 6'5", not fat. However, he was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic and told by his MD to cut out white foods - rice, bread, potatoes and sweets. We immediately went into action to make the necessary changes - but as painlessly as possible. I bought two books about pre-diabetes, one a cookbook. Cleared out the pantry and freezer of non-acceptable foods. Mr. B is a bread-aholic. I found a whole grain version with 7 grams of fiber per serving and 0 sugar. Whole grain chips with 5 gr fiber. Whole grain pasta, etc. Instead of ice cream after dinner, he is having homemade applesauce with vanilla yogurt and walnuts. He quite looks forward to it after dinner! Of course, he cannot have ALL he wants of any of it, but certainly enough to satisfy. Made a wonderful minestrone with a bit of sirloin, kidney beans, veges, whole wheat penne and a tad of parmesan on top - fabulous and filling.

Our diet was pretty good before - salad and chicken or fish, beef rarely, minimal sweets (except for the nightly ice cream for him) and we both are exercisers. But, I am happy to say that in 3 weeks, Mr. Bee has lost 11 pounds and I have lost 3!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Seeker,

Shame you can't source that organic food near you at an affordable price.:(

"The chicken actually being full of fat I'll have to look into. That doesn't make sense to me. Fat is fat. How do they make fat look like lean meat? I've cut open many a wild turkey, and the meat looks no different than a Shaw's Butterball."

I pretty sure this is true. I saw a documentary where they had demonstrated this but maybe I got something wrong. They defintely said that factory chickens have much more fat on them than normal chickens.
    The url below will explain some things to you. The omega stuff is really important. What factory farming has managed to do is swap the ratio of omega 3 / omega 6 increasing to a dangerously high level of omega 6.
    http://www.paintedhandfarm.com/why_grass_fed.htm

• south african beef
    south african beef

I notice on my trips to the US that they are either obssessed with being super-fit or just seem to have given up and are grossly overweight. Unfortunately the latter seems to apply to most Americans.

In the UK most people don't go to excess in anything - oh except the drinking and fighting friday/saturday culture found in every town and city in the country.

Also when following our football teams in Europe the English really go to town and have to drink and drink and drink like no one else in the world and they have to insult everyone.

I think that is partly caused by our inner believe that we are still a world power and that Brittania rules the waves.

Just realised that I'm going off the thread a bit - better shut up now!

• juni
    juni

I know what is said about healthy living, BUT consider this:

Linda McCartney died at a young age - total vegetarian, non smoker, etc. BREAST CANCER

Dana Reeve died in her 40's - no doubt ate healthy and exercised. LUNG CANCER

AND THOSE ARE JUST 2 CASES OF MANY THOUSANDS.

A lot has to do w/your genes and lifestyle. You can do your best, but you have to enjoy life also.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit