Are people on earth "pawns"in Jehovah and Satan's chess game?

by booker-t 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rooster
    Rooster

19 You will therefore say to me: "Why does he yet find fault? For who has withstood his express will?" 20 O man, who, then, really are you to be answering back to God? Shall the thing molded say to him that molded it, "Why did you make me this way?" 21 What? Does not the potter have authority over the clay to make from the same lump one vessel for an honorable use, another for a dishonorable use? 22 If, now, God, although having the will to demonstrate his wrath and to make his power known, tolerated with much long-suffering vessels of wrath made fit for destruction, 23 in order that he might make known the riches of his glory upon vessels of mercy, which he prepared beforehand for glory, 24 namely, us, whom he called not only from among Jews but also from among nations, [what of it]? 25 It is as he says also in Ho·se´a: "Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’; 26 and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"
  • lowden
    lowden

Rooster

If your post is in some way trying to say something in support of gods actions towards Job or anyone else that's been on the butt end of his whimsical justice, then that's a pretty flaccid attempt.

Lowden

• james_woods
    james_woods

Agree with rooster on questioning the motive for such thoughts -

And, when you think about it - if we take the passion of the Christ with such literal seriousness, then Jesus himself got a pretty raw deal from these two as well...

And for something equally whacked - how about this:

I once had a pretty strange thinking born again person try to convince me that Jesus and Satan were really the same being and that Jesus had to die to prove he was sorry about the thing in the garden. Yes, it was during field service and I was probably spouting some stuff to him that must have sounded equally freaked. Wonder if he really meant it?

James

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

james_woods,

I once had a pretty strange thinking born again person try to convince me that Jesus and Satan were really the same being and that Jesus had to die to prove he was sorry about the thing in the garden. Yes, it was during field service and I was probably spouting some stuff to him that must have sounded equally freaked. Wonder if he really meant it?

Well, there's no way to prove that biblically ... at least not according to the books in the canon as we now have it. It sounds kind of gnostic to me; maybe it's traceable to some old Gnostic manuscript.

It does sound kind of pretty, though - I like the sense of balance and making amends in it. But what does that do to the idea that Jesus died for our sins?

GentlyFeral

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ok - I screwed up; meant of course that I was agreeing with Lowden on the bible verse Rooster posted. Specifically, that I could not see how that verse really answers the question of this thread. Sort of more like it says shut up and take it the way it got dealt out...

Another weird thing just occurred to me though - wasn't this the central theme of the SCIFI movie where Mel Gibson was the preacher who lost his faith when his wife died and got it back when the aliens attacked and his little brother knocked the holy crap out of one of them with a baseball bat? Never could figure out this one either; if those aliens were so allergic to water, then how did they eat people when the human body is 90+% water? And why did they need crop circles to guide them to their victims when they had spaceships for crying out loud?

Oh, well, maybe we were not meant to know everything -

James

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

We are pawns of our own mind if we believe in it's deities and demons.

alt

j

• mustang
    mustang
    Non-judgmental Born-Again Christians

Sounds like your N-jBAC's have been snorting some old Judge Rutherford books.

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit