Are people on earth "pawns"in Jehovah and Satan's chess game?

by booker-t 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Mayor of Turiwhate
    The Mayor of Turiwhate

Certainly in the Grand Scheme of Things as described by the Watchtower Society, humans are indeed only pawns:

- Not exactly a very entertaining thought!

IF there is such a thing as a Master Intelligence, surely he/she/they/it can come up with something better than this?

(After all, if a simple bushman turned electrician like me - or in the case of Candidly Nuts, a child - can see something is not right ; then surely a Master Intelligence can, too?)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It may appear that way at times ,but if there is a God I do not believe we are just pawns

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

Are people on earth "pawns"in Jehovah and Satan's chess game?

as opposed to people somewhere else? Sorry, I couldnt help myself. If we are the pawns, then who are the other pieces? Any ideas?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Mankind has a big hand in choosing a bad destiny for themselves if you don't want to be a pawn then you can even go as far as to become a master of your enemies.

• The Mayor of Turiwhate
    The Mayor of Turiwhate

I am having a bit of a problem with this one - perhaps somene else can enlighten me:

- What freedom of choice did Job's ten children have in their lives being snuffed out, while the principal players in the game sought to prove a point?

• Shining One
    Shining One

Non-judgmental Born-Again Christian

That sounds like a born again atheist.
    Rex

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I feel its the name of the game.I just wonder if the players are still there.Hey somebody make a move here!!

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

yeah, ive been saying were all chess pieces, were not all pawns tho, there are kings and queens and well... we are just toys to them... yep, god is a cruel bastard, and satan just loves the game

the infamous one

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I have to play the 'who cares' card on this one for the most part. It's most likely all a bunch of hooey anyway.

But if the events depicted in the Bible are real, I'd have to say that we're DEFINITELY pawns. Look at what 'Jehovah' did to Job? Yes, HE was responsible for allowing Satan to kill Job's children and give him horrible diseases on a ******* bet. I've yet to see a believer put up any kind of debate at all on the subject, and I've brought it up countless times.

So, if the story of Job is true, then nothing else needs to be debated. God's plan is laid out right there. It's all a bet. If Satan and Jehovah do exist, I don't think that either one is any better than the other.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Are people on earth "pawns"in Jehovah and Satan's chess game?"

Yes. And they are starting to get bored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit