Do current JW members frequent this room?

by Rooster 22 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    oh and something else, if leaving the wtc alters your behavior as to some people here on this board then i may never leave :-)

Leaving the watchtower doesn't alter anyone, it you're a jerk you're still gonna be a jerk.

Josie

• willyloman
    willyloman
    i am lurking for several years now, but i dont feel like leaving. you might be right ... but i still believe the truth lays somewhere there. plus i dont even think my life would be better as an ex-jw.

nevaagain, and learntoswim;

Welcome to the board! It doesn't matter to me if you leave the dubs or not, the point is you have the freedom to choose. And, at least here, you have the freedom to expess yourself one way or the other.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    if leaving the wtc alters your behavior as to some people here on this board then i may never leave

That is a sure-fire way to never learn whether you are what and who you are because of your choice or because of fear. But, as you said, everyone has their own opinion. I am glad my opinion was different.

At least now I know my decisions and my personality are mine, not blind adherence to some poorly comprehended dogma I received from people I don't even know. But I fully understand the safety net they provide you, the barrier between you and reality. I hope you won't mind that I am doing my best to remove your blankey and binky (blanket and pacifier), I'm only doing what I believe is best for your long-term development as a human being.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit