Do current JW members frequent this room?

by Rooster 22 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron

Of course they do.

The ones who allow themselves "independent thinking" especailly if they have an open mind....two things the WT hate.

But also as has been mentioned you get those trying to trap JW's into revealing themselves who they are and where. So be careful what you reveal.

Also as I have been reliablely informed London Bethel also monitors this site and others. Those at Bethel are worried because things appear on such sites before they even know about it, plus information which should only be available to Elders appears.

A while ago my exJW daughter (DA'd) met a JW brother while she was out one night (naughty boy he is) He has been serving at London Bethel for nearly two years and was home for a break. He said senior Bethel Elders etc, are all paranoid about what people are learning from the internet and all the information that is now available. Its making the field ministry very difficult, people are starting to ask awkward questions. Not just on paedophile issue or UN scandals. But on teachings also, why the false prophecies, why the changes in teachings, etc.

BTW this JW brother has hated his time at Bethel, he said its like being in a prison camp. You get the feeling you are being watched all the time. He will have done two years this August and can't wait to get home.

• Mary
    Mary
    Willowman said: When I came across this site back in 2002-03, I was a dub elder who was conducting the WT study every Sunday. And look at me now!

Surely this is another fine indication that Jehovah is blessing this website.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

some post are jws in good standing but they don't believe and stay in for family or other reasons, some are on their way out.

Me too....

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I got on the old H2O when I was on my way out. The fact that we have posted on this site letters to the body of elders, talk outlines (including last weekends special talk!), the recent blood letter weeks before it was read to the congregations, all indicate that there are a number of active Witnesses who come to this site.
    Many are questioning elders, MS and Bethelites.
    This site, and others similar to it, have been responsible for helping thousands of Witnesses leave. I'm one
    S4

• jgnat
    jgnat

The JW apologists who wander in here seem to be masters of doublethink. They are aware of the WT's dire warnings regarding the internet, yet they are convinced that they are an exception. I've noticed that fence-sitters and newcomers may get a PM from a JW encouraging them to leave us and return to the fold.

I'd say these JW apologists have more ego than wit, convinced that their faith is invulnerable to our darts and arrows. Or perhaps they need regular "persecution" to validate their worldview.

The smart JW's stay away.

I do think these JW apologists are all potential ex-JW's. I wish we wouldn't challenge their right to be here. Question every other point of their beliefs but this one, and we might win a future friend.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

This inclusive attitude is spreading even to the smaller communities that were stridently anti-apostate. Check out what has happened at Just JW's.

• nevaagain
    nevaagain

yea i am lurking for several years now, but i dont feel like leaving. you might be right about all your assumptions about the wtc.i dont question anything but i still believe the truth lays somewhere there. plus i dont even think my life would be better as an ex-jw. i know i might get flamed here but thats just what i believe and life as a jw isnt as bad as some people here make it to be. i dont even want to pull anybody back into the wtc. i just enjoy reading the messages here. everyone here has his opinion and so do i ...

oh and something else, if leaving the wtc alters your behavior as to some people here on this board then i may never leave :-)

• learntoswim
    learntoswim

I'm a current jw and my belief about the truthfullness of the WTC teachings swings like a giant pendulum from thinking "no, it can't be, it just can't be the truth" to thinking, "what am i on about, course its the truth, it has to be". This despite reading jonsons 1914 book and the franz CoC book. and knowing all about the UN thing.

Its like on some level it makes so much sense to me, the idea of a creator stepping in, puting everything right, the existence of a devil etc., and that this is what the bible seems to be saying, but on the other hand...... what about rutherford? what about the UN scandal? i can explain these things away in my mind, they don't seem to really affect the bigger picture of Jehovah using this org to take us through this system and into the next as part of his divine plan. It just makes sense! Or does it?

As you can see the pendulum is somewhere in the middle today, swinging slightly off to the right....

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

Learn to Swim,

You should read Br Russell's volumnes. You sound like you agree with the Bible Students view on many things and they are free from the corruption that occured after Rutherford took over.

• jgnat
    jgnat

WOWOWOWOW

Welcome, newbies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit