My story invovling wagtower

by cev 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, cev. Your post gives hope to people like me. I married a JW. Perhaps if I go to a meeting and laugh my head off at the ridiculous parts, my JW hubby will break out of his spell too.

It seems too that your study conductor was a bit of a stuffed shirt and his own worst enemy. He should not have said anything about "no pets" until AFTER you were baptized.

Where to find a nice Christian religion? I suggest you attend an Alpha course. It's non-denominational and all sorts of churches run them. The people who help out with the Alpha course are NOT supposed to put any pressure on you to convert, and these courses are fun, allow for free questions, and there's always food. www.alpha.org http://www.alphaaustralia.org.au

• cev
    cev

me and my gf laughed every time when they said spiritual food. That is pretty rediculous

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome cev, it's not worth following any instructions from the JWs basically when they say you must please jehovah they basically want to get something out of you. Christians don't use the name Jehovah and not even the Jews use it.

• LDH
    LDH
    me and my gf laughed every time when they said spiritual food.

Well clearly you are a spiritual babe and you need spiritual milk,. not spiritual meat and potatoes! (bad comparison of Apostle Paul, sorry!)

I think that's hilarious, they told you " you love your gf more than Jehovah." this is to make you feel petty and shallow....be grateful for self esteem that you did not believe this.

Lisa

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hiya Cev, great to see somebody from the same time zone! Congratulations on quitting the study, you'll never know but it was one of the smartest decisions you'll ever make. As smart as quitting smoking. Now you'll smell nicer for your girlfriend too! I hope things work out for both of you.

Re faith; okay the thing is that it's best not to ask for recommendations on churches, because people who go to one are obviously biased, and people who don't obviously don't care. How about this, go to a different one each week for a year, throw in a few temples, synagogues and prayer halls too. Then see where that leads you.

Anyway have fun and enjoy your life!

• cev
    cev

Yeh I am so glad ive given the study up.

I was so close to getting baptised but I am glad i didnt. Im just glad I have a worldly GF. ;)

But it is still a bit hard giving up cause my study conductor put me through guilt trips ect. So I am glad there is support out there for people exen though i am not an ex-JW. I just rejected the truth and i feel a bit bad about it.

• Thinkagain
    Thinkagain

I am so happy for you that you got out with your head still on your shoulders.

All the pressures the cult ueses , are slieke words to brain wash your mind so fast

see how quick it happen to you . I had 20 yrs in ,my unbelieving mate says I could have told yous all 20 yrs ago how a cult it was. We are very happy now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit