WAS THERE ANYONE FAMOUS IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 57 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Chet Lemmon, a major league baseball player, ran a baseball camp in central Florida that my son attended. He wasn't in our cong. though....I think he was in the Longwood cong.

Coffee

• badboy
    badboy

bttt

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

circuit:

Paulie malignaggi, boxer

some other congreg neaby: benson the singer

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Mostly for UK people!

Funny someone posted a pic of a member of Slade, when I used to visit my sisters Circuit assembly in Dudley, one of the band members was always there with his wife, fairly sure he wasn't a witness, but he was always there.

Also when I was young Romeo out of the band 'Showaddy waddy' you may remember 'Under the moon of love'!!! Him and his wife Dawn and their kids used to come to the meetings and caused quite a stir, fortunately they had the good sense never to be baptised! He was the only black member of the band. From what I hear they still live around here.

Very small claims to fame!

Poppy

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

united states of nothing was in my congo back in '88. I saw him grow from a little squirt to being a pro ball player. Everyone in the congo hated him but I got him to autograph my ass cheeks - for which I was publicly reproved. UNON you rocKK!!!11

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

If I answer this question, I would be instantly unmasked.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Cliff Richard visited a nearby congregation one Sunday while I was there during his initial religious phase. However he kicked the Watchtower into touch when he sensibly saw through the balony , the rest is history as they say.I and another brother went to see him just after he had moved into his new house in the country not far from London during the early sixties, it coincided with an assembly where I was supposed to attend, we were also introduced to his mum at that time.I must say although I am not a particular fan of Cliffs you couldn't wish to meet a nicer person he was a perfect gentleman and is a true christian.This was at the time when the Beatles started to impact big time pushing the Shadows from their number one spot.

Never made it to the Twickenham stadium I ended up taking two lady friends on a tour around the Tower of London ,happy days!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Ha ha Dr Jekyl! I saw Dave from Slade at a convention once.

Mickey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit