WAS THERE ANYONE FAMOUS IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 57 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Well let's see, there was the window washer, the janitor, the phony-construction business having......well, no, I guess not.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Nope. However, R.C. Gorman (famous Native American artist) once came to The Memorial. One of his models was a JW.

http://rcgormangallery.com/

• Lutece67
    Lutece67

I was a newspaper columnist and would get recognized here and there (and free invites to charity balls, etc). The elders used one of my columns about Halloween to try and get me, but I da'd first. I had been planning to anyway, so the column was sort of my invitation to let them know my feelings on their beliefs I guess.

• Confession
    Confession

I was in radio broadcasting for fifteen years, the first seven as an on-air DJ. That must be the bottom rung of the entertainment ladder, but back in those days some of the people thought it was so cool to see me at the meeting one night--then hear me on the air introducing a Led Zeppelin jam a few hours later.

It's surprising to me even now that this career never really did end up causing me any trouble from the local elders.

• Buster
    Buster

Football fans will remember the great Dallas Cowboy's receiver, Drew Pearson.

His brother went to our hall. Cool, huh?

• blondie
    blondie

Dave Meyers played basketball for the Milwaukee Bucks and attended a congregation in the Milwaukee area. I visited a couple of times and it easy to spot him at the conventions.

Blondie

• rekless
    rekless

Dwayne Blackwell song writer "Mr. Blue" "Friends In Low PLaces" "No body stops in this town anymore" "I'm Gonna a Wino to Decorate My Home"

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Sister Keene who did those paintings of children with the big sad eyes was in our circuit.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Grant Suiter ate the cookie and drank the wine, and gave the talk once in our congo. Does that count? Former GB/bean counter.

Dismembered

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit