Wife is FOR SURE waking up

by cappytan 34 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Congrats! This is great for you guys.
  • Tapioca
    Tapioca
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing. Such a delicate dance you are in--with such lasting repercussions! TIME is your best friend and ally right now. Wonderful, just wonderful!
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Congratulations, you both seem to be on the same page and she appears to be really waking up. As others have stated ...baby steps. Take it easy and slow, and let her do her own research, don't shove it all down on her throat. Respect her pace. Offer her some clues on subjects that you find hard to deal with regarding the Witnesses and the Organization, but let her do her research on her own, as nothing is more intimately rewarding than to come to your own conclusions without being forced into it. Expect some bursts of "apostate" thinking, followed by some retractions driven by guilt and fear. Relax - it's all part of the process of letting go of something we all once cherished. Just be there for her and reassure her that you have her back, no matter what follows next - and be prepared, because it will require courage and determination to face what's coming to you both.

Eden

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

That's great news!

Slow and steady wins the race.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

well if you feel certain that she will still lean towards Christianity,

she might enjoy the bible gateway website for scripture comparisons.

and in the future, a few watchtower examination videos they have been helpful to me.

but be selective in which ones you choose, and if you get her to watch any scroll them down or watch in full screen to hide the titles so she wont see them and tell her to have her bible ready.

hes pretty good at making one reason.

• Island Man
    Island Man

It seems like she's waking up but is still battling with the cult phobia of apostate information. And as another poster mentioned she might relapse into cult-mode. I don't know if you've already tried this but I think it might be helpful:

Why not watch a movie about someone who is in the grip of a cult or some other psychologically manipulative authority that uses fear of the opposition to keep the person ignorant of the truth and in continued mental enslavement to the cult or authority.

Without bringing up the subject of Watchtower, get her to see Watchtower's tactic of using anti-apostate propaganda, mirrored in some other religious cult. Planet of the apes is an example of a movie that has a parallel. The ape rulers enforced a forbidden zone where all the apes were forbidden from going because they ape rulers didn't want the apes finding relics of past human civilization which would have proved that humans, contrary to what the ape rulers were saying, were intelligent beings. This mirrors Watchtower's policy of creating a forbidden zone - apostate sites - to prevent current JWs from finding out the untruths and misdeeds of the organization that led former members to leave.

So once you get her to see other manipulative authorities in movies, using censorship and fear of dissidents to control information and maintain control of those they have mentally enslaved, that should help her to think that Watchtower has perhaps done the same to her by having her afraid of visiting apostate sites.

• steve2
    steve2
    A break through occurs when Witnesses who doubt realize firsthand that the GB have erected a huge smokescreen that has prevented Witnesses from believing anything unless it's printed in the organization's heavily-slanted and narrow literature.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

So, I e-mailed her the PBS Newshour video from last week. Didn't make much of a comment other than, "This stuff kind of pisses me off."

• OnTheWayOut
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Man ALIVE!!

Your story excites me so much! I hope I can post similarly sometime. Love you Bro, thanks for the inspiration...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit