Wife is FOR SURE waking up

by cappytan 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten
    Congrats!
  • SAHS
    SAHS
    “Island Man”: “Why not watch a movie about someone who is in the grip of a cult or some other psychologically manipulative authority that uses fear of the opposition to keep the person ignorant of the truth and in continued mental enslavement to the cult or authority.”

To “cappytan”: A really good movie to see about getting involved with cults is the 1981 movie Ticket to Heaven (see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083201/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk. My high school class called “Man In Society” actually showed that movie as part of the course. Later, my long-time elder dad gave a talk in that class as a guest speaker representing the local congregation. I hope at least one of the students in that class was able to connect the dots.

Anyway, “cappytan,” you should definitely watch that movie with her, as I am positive that it will set off some lightbulbs in her head. You can tell her that someone (me) recommended that movie. It’s most certainly worth a shot. Just stay home from the next meeting and “make it a Blockbuster night.” Consider it necessary medicinal therapy to help her wake up from the dangerous and life-sucking coma.
  • millie210
    millie210

You are doing great Cappytan!

Steady as you go.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Try this one:

Escape from Poligamy (2013)

Eden

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Here's a tip.

Keep a close but discreet eye on her; whenever it looks like she's feeling down about the prospects of losing her JW friends and family, or having been deceived, or just plain overwhelmed by the process of waking up, take her into your arms and give her a big ol' hug (full-on wraparound), and don't let go 'til she wants to. No kissing or sex (unless she wants it, obviously), just a hug.

Stroke her hair while you're doing it, too; my wife always finds that comforting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit