Prayer Room - To Jesus. WELCOME!!!

by BlessedStar 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover

Really, why should anyone have to pray? Doesn't an all-powerful god have the power to know what you need without asking?

And how you believers in prayer justify saying a prayer for a job was answered and yet a prayer to save a life was not I will never understand.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

To you guys, I say " Thank you very much!"

How will you be rewarded?

Matthew 10:32

"Whoever acknowledges Me before men, I will acknowledge him before My Father in heaven. But whoever disowns Me before men, I will disown him before My Father in heaven"

ferret: BlessedStar I understand. do not be intimidated by others on this board.

lovelylil: Amen to your last post. Lilly

anewme: Honestly Blessed Star, you are doing the right thing to share your joy and praise your God.

sad emo: A nice idea Blessed Star

jake: It is always a pleasure to hear what Blessed Star has to say.

blessedstar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Really, why should anyone have to pray? Doesn't an all-powerful god have the power to know what you need without asking?

Startingover - Yes God knows what we need but we ought to ask Him. He will give us what we need according to His will.

Jesus said in John 15:7 -If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty.

BlessedStar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Jesus said: I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

KID-A, you see this man? Yes, he made a mistake but asked for forgiveness before the world. Would you have done that if you were well known like he is? God forgives and allows us to change from our bad ways. It's like turning over a new leaf and not going back in the past to let it haunt you. So praise God for His mercy.

Praise God for His mercy endureth forever and ever!

Blessedstar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

This is a discussion board, not a prayer chapel.

Who ever said anything about a chapel? You are funny eh?

This is still a discussion board. It's a discussion board to Jesus.

God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

BlessedStar

• kid-A
    kid-A

This is still a discussion board. It's a discussion board to Jesus.

LOL! Hibie, stop, you're killing me!!!

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Whenever you are sad, God said He will be there for you. He said He will wipe away your tears and give you peace.

When there's no one else to turn to, turn to Jesus, He is always there beside you to comfort you.

Blessedstar

• startingover
    startingover

BS (That's short for Blessedstar)

Startingover - Yes God knows what we need but we ought to ask Him. He will give us what we need according to His will.

Jesus said in John 15:7 -If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

That still doesn't asnwer why it's necessary to ask. And even if you do ask and he's only going to give you what you need according to his will, then why bother? Why can't this magnifient all knowing, all loving being who knows everything about us discern our needs and give us what he wants to without our asking? Any parent seeing a child in a bad situation would do whatever it took to get the child out of the situation without ever being asked.

And you didn't about why he answers some prayers for jobs and let's other die.

?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I feel like im watching one of those Sunday morning programs on tv, where the preacher is yelling out all kinds of rubbish in that funny tone of voice! Just slap me on the forehead and tell me I am healed!

• startingover
    startingover

Hey all you fellow non-believers out there- do me a favor and give me a cyber slap and tell me to get back to work and quit wasting my time on threads like this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit