I should call the police on "SickofLies" JC committee

by kwintestal 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• willyloman
    willyloman

Man, what are some of you people smoking?

I parked my car in my drive way overnight and someone smashed out my window and grabbed a purse that was inadvertently left on the back seat. The purse, my daughter's, was virtually empty except for some makeup (she'd taken her wallet, tossed the purse on the back seat, and forgotten about it).

It cost me $240 to repair the window and the insurance deductible was higher than that, so no reimbursement. What do you suppose the cops did? Nothing. They reluctantly came out and took a report. I asked the cop what would happen with my report and he just shrugged. "We'll file it," he said. "If something comes up, we'll have it."

Case closed.

Now imagine the cops get a call about the situation we're talking about here.

"You were at a meeting at your church and went to the bathroom and one of your pastors turned off your tape recorder because they have a policy not to allow recording? Is that your complaint? We're not sure exactly what crime has been committed here, but if you insist we will take a report and, uh, keep it on file. Oh, and thanks for wasting our time. There've probably been five or six real crimes committed while we've been standing here talking to you."

Sorry, but by calling the cops you shift the paradigm and you become the crazy person in this story.

• Jourles
    Jourles

While I do agree with what WillyL said, ANY recording of these proceedings is pure gold. Especially when you capture the elders in a bold faced lie.

Personally, I would leave the police out of it. I honestly do not think anything would be gained by bringing them into the picture. I also think you would be hard pressed to prove much of anything other than the elders not following their own policies.

Just keep up the recordings. I'm sure the elders now know the background on Sean(a simple phone call to his congo) and they know what they're up against. A quick phone call to/from the service desk probably has also clued them in on the big picture. I imagine they will be told by 'mother' how to proceed from here on out.

Anytime elders are threatened with police or attorney action, are they not supposed to call the service desk? Or is that up to them?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Im with Willy here.

When a home gets broken into it usually takes about 4 hours for the cops to show up, then a lame-ass "report" is filed and thats the end of it, same with car thefts, etc.

They would consider this an internal religious matter and would not touch it with a 10 foot pole, if they even responded at all to the call. The cops would not give a rats ass about some

files being erased on a tape recorder.

• sinis
  • Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Willy, you took my thoughts.....

reality check folks, the police will first laugh at you, next tell you that they got a domestic disturbance call, an assault and two reports of a prowler to check out, and finally tell you to get a life....

Also, you might want to look into the legality of the situation in the first place. Contrary to what I saw AuldSoul write in another thread, while KHs may be public places during normal business hours, during a Judicial Committee meeting, where they have excluded others, and laid out a policy of privacy, including asking whether you are making a recording (a routine question), they have an expectation of privacy. Under these circumstances, you may wish to verify that the law allows you to record such conversations without at least one of the other party's knowledge. You might find that you are the one fhat violated the law, and if that is so, a court (and the police) is going to say you have unclean hands yourself and are not entitled to anything.

-Eduardo

• oldflame
    oldflame

IN A HEARTBEAT

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy,

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/ (Note: these seem to be in reference to taping phone calls. need to review taping in-person conversations) -Eduardo

not sure of Canadian law on the subject but I bet you could find out...

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Let it go bub. The police have bigger things to deal with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit