Lets say you went to a meeting, list what would irritiate you...

by JH 45 Replies latest jw friends

• White Waves
    White Waves

mrsjones5 I know this will happen to me too. It is the same reason I will not give my family the satisfaction of my attending the memorial. If I go to just one meeting to be nice, they will tell their buddies one thing and they will believe I am weakening NO MATTER WHAT I SAY. I will just restart the battle. I want the conflict to fade, like me in the org. I want them to just accept it and accept me. I haven't even discussed JW stuff with any of them for at least a year. They compare notes and I get bombarded by strings of calls and emails. Their ability to create false hope is endless.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I hated it how they would deliberately pause in the middle of their talk waiting for the congregation to clap in agreement with their statement. Conventions used to drive me nuts with all the clapping nonsense. In fact me and my friend got to the point where we absolutely refused to clap. We were soooo sick of it.

I also couldn't stand the guy who did our WT study. He used to make up his own questions and expect people to read his freakin mind. He would call on about 3 - 4 people to answer his question and they would always get it wrong. No one was ever on his trippy wavelength. Then he would yell at us into the microphone BROTHERS THINK ABOUT IT!!! HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!! I swear, if I ever hear that expression again I am not to be held responsible for my actions!!

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

1) Crying Babies and the rush to go to the bathroom.
    2) Waking up to go to a meeting
    3) Elders convincing you every minute about baptising
    4) Being invited to a boring picnic with no music

At Conventions/Assemblies

5) Having to find a seat
    6) Driving so far to reach
    7) When they would start to raise their voice on a talk, then after they ask the question everyone claps.
    8) Everything is the same every year just more boring topics.
    9) How everyone lolistened to this boring stuff and talked about how interesting it was and how much they learned
    10) When after they would say not to use flash photography during the drama, all the flash cameras went off when the drama started.

• tank
    tank

The heat, no air conditioning.

When the public speaker doesn't show up and the extra time is used on the WT.

• juni
    juni
    BROTHERS THINK ABOUT IT!!! HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!

DON'T DO ANYTHING TOO AWFUL.

I can relate to this. Everyone sits there w/their mouth hanging open.

Juni

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Hearing Mary Cooper's (of Manna-Min fame) 3 hour comments, in which she informed everyone in the Hell, that her & hubby (Doug Cooper) had been around since Judge Rutherford's days.

Having to stay awake during the endless monotonous drone of JW meetings.

Being asked, "You're So-and-so's son, aren't you?" As if I don't exist.

Not being able make one mistake, because of the "reproach" I might bring on my father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit