Lets say you went to a meeting, list what would irritiate you...

by JH 45 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

In my case, it was always the length of the meetings that bothered me.

No matter what meeting it is, you have to get there prepared, and that means lots of time reading the darn literature.

Another thing that would irritate me, is all the magazines that come in faster than I can read.

I'll let you guys add to this list.

• KW13
    KW13

People nodding their heads in agreement to everything to make themselves look 'spritual'

Folks clicking their tongues Spending a week on every paragraph, sentence and scripture

Brother/Sis on platform smiling till his lip splits and sprays blood all over the place

swaying to the song

prayers that last 3 days

slow and miserable songs

microphones whistling when that old man plays with his hearing-aid

kids kicking my chair

• zeroday
    zeroday

They would have the Watchtower study and the conductor would have one minute left and is still asking questions, like the 8th impromotu question on the last paragraph. I'm sitting there burning up when he could just end it, then the song and then some lame brother would give the same dull 5 minute prayer he has given over and over again.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

hearing that damn "Parents are you building with fire-resistance materials" talk again.......

and

the uncomfortable silences......

-Eduardo

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

F-----g page flipping!!!!Oh my god!!!Make it stop!!! I can hear that s--- right now!!!!AHHHHH!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

20 years ago....

10 years ago.... 5 years ago... now... 5 years from now... 10 years from now... 20 years from now... The same old tired message that never changes.

• zeroday
    zeroday

BUT BUT BUT didn't you hear about this years DC theme. It's different now.

2006 “Deliverance at Hand!” District Convention

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Borg clones

They look alike

They talk alike

They think alike

Devoid of real emotions or thought

Just empty shells

Obedient to the master

• heathen
    heathen

Deffinately the beating the hell out of the kids during any part of the meeting . I mean jeezus it's hard enough for an adult to sit thru all that much less a kid and listening to some kid balling thru half the meeting really sucks . The constant agreeance on every sentence and paragraph is also very annoying . I think controversy is interesting not just " because the FDS says it's so we know it is " kind of answer . How bout somebody stand up and say , " I disagree with this " . Also the kingdub melodies are the worst songs anybody has ever written for christian music . Worse yet nobody can sing . ARGHHHHHHHHH

• serendipity
    serendipity

The self righteous judgmentalism and the lame songs. Not that the music was so bad, but the lyrics.

I agree with heathen, as well, the kid beatings were the worse. Oddly enough, in the cong I infrequently attend, I can't recall the last time I saw or heard a kid get beat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit