I got shunned today...

by lucifer 21 Replies latest jw friends

• lucifer
    lucifer

actually I get shunned just about every day at work. There are at least three or four witnesses that work with me and know me, but they shun me everyday( one of them saw me on this site lol) Well I am sick of it, so starting today I am going to speak very loudly to them in front of people. I wonder what they'll do....any suggestions of what to say, just quick lines because they tend to walk away as quickly as possible

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I see dead people.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Who was it Leah or Barb or Wesley or Maria?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Lucifer....Side note...We are showing the house tomorrow!...and they just put up the sign in our yard 1 hour ago!

Carry on..lol

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I know how you feel Lucifer. I work with a jw, and she has to speak to me occasionally about work, but I can tell she hates it. There are compensations however. Although not technically her direct boss, I am senior to her, and I sent a memo to her asking her not to leave magazines in the waiting rooms (I work at a hospital) without clearing it with me first. I didn't specify the watchtower and awake, and sent all the other staff the same memo, but she assumes I am getting at her. I'm not, but I don't mind her thinking it, and she hasn't approached me yet lol.

• Buster
    Buster

I've dealt with dubbies at work before. None had the nerve to try that shunning thing.

Now I can't speak of Canadian laws. But I'll bet there are comparable rules up there in the great white north. Here, what the dubbies are doing is referred to as 'creating a hostile work place.' They are treating you in such a way because of your religious beliefs.

One chat with the HR person should solve the problem.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I would ask them plain in simple (in front of other non-jw's): So and So, what have I done for you to ignore me?

If nothing else, it could initiate questions from your other co-workers.

• lucifer
    lucifer

I don't want to be mean to them I just want to let them see that decent people still say hi

• Legolas
    Legolas

3:45....OK

• Legolas
    Legolas

I'm on my way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit