by lucifer 21 Replies latest jw friends

• osmosis
    osmosis

The way I see it, you have two viable options:

1) don't play their game

2) play their game and play it better than they can

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is something I have experienced also. I put workplace shunning in two catagories. One is what I would call pro-active, hateful, shunning. They want you to know they despise you, and they do it within the confines of the workplace requirements. In other words, if they have to interact with you for job related reasons, they will do it as coldly as possible. I would give it back to them in kind. Example: If we were in a group "water cooler" or break room environment I would bring up to a neutral party about being bothered by JW's calling over the weekend. Then elaborate on how this group has been predicting the end of the world for the last hundred years and has had to keep bumping up the 'end' because they can't seem to get it right. etc etc. In other words RIDICULE their dumbass, cult religion right in their face. I would also call them on the carpet in front of a superior if they did anything that could be construed as interfering with job performance, i.e. poor communication or rudeness, especially if it was in front of a customer. Go for the throat, it's all they understand.

The other catagory are those who are shy and uncomfortable about being around you because they really don't feel comfortable in shunning someone but don't know how to do it. With these people I would kill them with kindness and warmth. Make them as uncomfortable as possible by not giving them any reason to be a stiff. This actually gives you a big leg up on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit