Why?

by pudgey1 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pudgey1
    pudgey1

Hey everyone,

If God made the bible for us then why has he made it so difficult to understand?

I find it really fustrating.

pudgey

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

'Cause He's a joker, He's a smoker and a midnight toker................

• KW13
    KW13

dunno really, i find it fairly easy to understand. JW's made it confusing by twisting scriptures and making everything apply to them.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here's a list of inconsistencies in the Bible, adding to the confusion many feel when they are told the Bible is perfect and the inspired Word of God.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The answer is very simple: The bible was not written by a supreme being. It was written by a bunch of nomadic desert tribesmen.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

To make your very own bible get some paper.Make up some stuff.Write it down.Chunk it in a cave.Wait a few thousand years.Dont laugh,this really works.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Along with Elsewhere...

God didn't "write" it...men did...thus the problems.

u/d(of the God doesn't write class)

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think Eagle is on to something here....

I'm gonna find some papyrus leaves, write up a bunch of crap, including my very own "creation myth", throw it in some tupperware, stick it in a cave and hope someone finds it in 2000 years!!!

hee hee.....in 2000 years I too can be the son of jehoobie!!!!

• pudgey1
    pudgey1

so for those of you who dont believe in god...whats you opinion on how we (as in humans) got here?

or do you believe in god but think the bible is rubbish?

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    so for those of you who dont believe in god...whats you opinion on how we (as in humans) got here?

how ever it happened, and whatever it is; does not fit my definition of god.... god is a "character"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit