JW urban legends

by Highlander 42 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Some bizarre legend evolved that John Denver was a huge JW-Hater, and that at the beginning of each of his concerts, he would make an announcement and ask ALL the JWs in the audience to leave immediately.

My lone non-JW uncle has played acoustic guitar for as long as I can remember. One of his favorite pieces is "Annie's Song." He loves playing James Taylor and John Denver songs. He confirmed this rumor. He was at a John Denver concert where this happened. He didn't leave, but he said a few people did. John Denver was a true patriot and a firm believer in being willing to fight to defend your country. He didn't advocate for censuring free speech, but didn't want to entertain those who disagreed with such a fundamental belief of his.

I don't think John Denver hated JWs, just some of the doctrines that the organization has.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Btt.

Bangalore

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

at a Jesus & Mary Chain concert in London a request was made if any in the audience were J Dubs and would they leave before the concert commenced, the reason was that the levitation and other stuff they do cant be done if there are J Dubs in the audience as the holy spirit that covers them prevents these stunts being successful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit