JW urban legends

by Highlander 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

There was an urban legend about a robber who hid under someone's bed and they sat on the bed and started reading the Watchtower. He was so interested he stole their bible and the Watchtower and years later sat behind them at a convention and returned them.

• The
    The
    i heard one a coupld of years before a left. some brother for some reason was at a UN meeting and approached someone of importance and asked when the government conspiracy against religion was going to take place and the UN guy was like "how did you know that"? everyone in the cong. was getting worked up about it and were thinking that armageddon was about to come true.

I've heard a variation of this one... In the version i heard the Brother was giving a speech at a conference, he mentioned in his talk that Govs were going to turn on all religion in the near future... At the end of his speech he was approached by some CIA agents and the asked him " How did you find out about this ? ". It's a small world in the " Truth " !

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

What about the one where a sister works on her own in a block of flats..she calls on a mentally disturbed man who was rude, but she just goes on her way.

Later that day the man kills the next person who knocks at his door, when asked why he did not kill the sister, he replied

"Not likely when she had those two big burly guys with her"

Just makes me laugh my ass off now that I used to get chills listening to it thinking of the angels protecting me while I was working alone!!

Just wish I could see them if they were that good looking....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

did you hear about the farmer that would chase any visitors off his land with a pitch fork...so he could never get witnessed to..

well some enterprising pioneers were at the side of one of his fields when the bull passed nearby them so they put a tract on its horn and lo...the farmer became a jw ...pioneer elder co etc

this experience was given at a circuit assembly in england....turns out that when the printing facilities were situated a good distance from the bethel in london, the boys who were working the press used to get so bored travelling to and from the factory-accomadations that they used to make up 'experiences' to pass the time..and this was one of them..

the bethel speaker who gave the experience at the c.a had to go back the following week and retract it..(no pun intended)

i know this story is true because i know one of the boys who made it up...got it from the horse's/bull's mouth so to speak

unless of course the whole thing could be an urban legend

• Highlander
    Highlander

OMG!! I heard about the pitchfork farmer legend too! I didn't believe that one either. If I were a cow, I would have eaten the magazine.. cows eat just about everything right?

• truckerich
    truckerich

Oh I remember about the smufs...and the troll dolls...not being able to watch Disney's Beauty and the Beast because they lived in an 'enchanted" castle...I heard the story about the screaming smufs and the sister's being protected by the Angels...etc. I often wondered what was true or made up...

• lighthouse1956
    lighthouse1956

One of a brother taking his study out in service for the 1st. time (1960), the brother placed a book with a male householder. The householder said ' I realy enjoy a cigar and reading a good book. The study said ' well, you have the book' and he reached inside his pocket and said' and now you have the cigar'

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I heard the same story as Looking glass, but the location was changed. This time it was the Missionary home in Papua New Guinea, which at that particular time was housing two Aussie sisters. Not knowing who the residents were, this robber/rapist breaks his way in. In the meantime, the girls unexpectedly arrive, and our r/r quickly hid under the bed. He was so moved by their night time prayers, that he slid out while thay were asleep and became Co material in the WTS!

Bollocks!

Cheers

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

I remember the story about a congregation building a new KH and they needed a truckload of sand but had run out of money. Shortly after a storm hit and blew the exact amount of sand needed onto the kingdom hall site.

And probably into a neat pile as well. And on top of the pile there were probably some magic beans too.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    I heard a a child bringing a smurf doll to the KH and halfway through the meeting the smurf got up and ran out!

Smart smurf!

I heard a story of a couple of pioneer sisters who took a sharp turn off a windy road ended up at the edge a cliff but an angel prevented their car from falling off while they got out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit