HYPOCRITICAL QUOTES FROM THE MAY 15TH WT....

by Mary 24 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    A preoccupation with the future

Yeah, I wonder where this comes from. They only blame everything in their lives on "this system", and try to escape it by huddling togeather at the KH.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

When I was in it, and it's not that long ago, it was considered natural to be preoccupied with the future. That, after all, was what we were all striving for - a brighter, happier future in the new system, which has been "just around the corner" for so many years now that I doubt anyone remembers when it was first said. It seems that it's a bloody long bend to me.

As for freedom of speech, what a joke! I'd forgotten what that was until I left. I was so used to allowing the wts, via the local boe, to do my thinking for me I'd almost forgotten how to do it myself. And this quote from the 1983 wt, which I just blindly accepted at the time, is somewhat amusing now: "Really, can we get along without the direction of God’s organization?" No, we cannot!—

Well, apart from being pretty certain I never actually had any direction from God's organisation anyway. I am getting along just fine these days.

Mary, I am totally with you, there seems to be no level they wouldn't stoop to to keep control of the r&f. The trouble is, whilst those of us who now know better can see through it, the ones who are still brainwashed will just swallow it without the slightest murmur of dissent, which is what most of us would have done at one time anyway I guess. Seeing this crap makes me so glad I am out!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, but my apostate friends - I think we are missing the point of this helping of spritual food.

what if we become so preoccupied with future physical blessings that we are blind to our present-day spiritual blessings?........

It is the present "spiritual paradise" that we have to concentrate on. After all lets consider what the article tells us that we have :- (WT 15.05.06 p26)

"An accurate knowlege of Bible teachings" - That change every few years fit changing circumstances and failed prophecy

"Release from detrimental habits and practices" - Smoking? true but replaced by compulsive behaviour to attend all the meetings and blinkers to common sense.

"Happy Family Life" - Tell that to most of the posters on this board who learned the hard way!

"Assurance that world problems will soon be solved" - It was soon in 1914, 1924, 1934, 1944, 1954 , need i go on?

"An important and effective training programme" - Yes you are able to read publicly and a few of us got to be competent public speakers. Does that make up for not going to University?

"The hope of seeing dead loved ones again" - Sorry but I recall the disappointment of realising that this was a false hope, and I was never going to welcome back my Mother. Anyway, I thought we were discussing the here and now, not the future .

Reminds you of George Orwell and 1984, doesn't it? The telescreens babbled on about how wonderful life was under the party rule, how much better off everybody was . Winston Smith could see the reality as a bankrupt decaying world, held together by fear and tyranny

(Revelation 3:17) 17

Because you say: "I am rich and have acquired riches and do not need anything at all," but you do not know you are miserable and pitiable and poor and blind and naked. . .
  • Legolas
    Legolas

Thanks Mary!

Well done!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    *** w83 1/15 p. 22 Exposing the Devil’s Subtle Designs *** How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God’s visible organization

In 1992 i was wrongfully dfed on get this a CAPITAL OFFENSE they falsely accused my of questioning Jehovah's organization.Actually at the time,i had affection and unquestioning loyality to the society.My case centered around me filing a complaint of mealy-mouth lying against an individual elder in their 'good ole boy club'.They claimed because i questioned an elder (lying bastard elder) that this was blaspheme against the holy spirit because he was appointed by the holy spirit and i could not question him at all.

As they railroaded me out the door they said "that if it was ancient Israel that i would be stoned to death on the spot".

• Mary
    Mary
    In 1992 i was wrongfully dfed on get this a CAPITAL OFFENSE they falsely accused my of questioning Jehovah's organization.Actually at the time,i had affection and unquestioning loyality to the society.My case centered around me filing a complaint of mealy-mouth lying against an individual elder in their 'good ole boy club'.They claimed because i questioned an elder (lying bastard elder) that this was blaspheme against the holy spirit because he was appointed by the holy spirit and i could not question him at all.

Holy Christ Danny!! That's extreme even for Dubdumb land........I always thought that it was when you questioned the Governing Body or the Organization as a whole that they considered that the "unforgiveable sin", not for questioning an individual elder........what total assholes!! Sounds like your elder body were a bunch of thugs with lobotomies........

Then again, this shouldn't come as any surprise. How many Witnesses today believe that Ray Franz was DF'd for "apostasy", when in reality he was DF'd for eating a meal with his landlord.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Sounds like your elder body were a bunch of thugs with lobotomies........

Village of the Damned K-Hall

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

"We eagerly await a life free of sickness, old age, pain and suffering. While it is good to be in expectation of such things, what if we become so preoccupied with future physical blessings that we are blind to our present-day spiritual blessings?........We could easily become discouraged and feel 'sick at heart because our expectations have been post-poned beyond what we imagined (or, what we were promised)........we could develop a complaining attitude. (ya think?)"

Hell this has must make the old timers furious, after all the only reason the majority of them are jdub's is to gain from the false promises of living sick free and perfect on a paradise earth. My parents are old time witnesses now in there seventies and I know for sure that when my father in particular reads comments in the watchtower like this one, he becomes disheartened, even depressed. The society is grasping at straws, they are trying to buy time for they know that time has caught up with them. Many long term witnesses must be starting to get really pissed off because things are not going the way they were promised. It's articles like this one that are going to encourage current jdub's to start questioning these pie in the sky promises.

Ps. Mary, thanks for another great post.

• Mary
    Mary
    Hell this has must make the old timers furious, after all the only reason the majority of them are jdub's is to gain from the false promises of living sick free and perfect on a paradise earth. My parents are old time witnesses now in there seventies and I know for sure that when my father in particular reads comments in the watchtower like this one, he becomes disheartened, even depressed.

That's like my father.......he really, really thought he was going to be around to see the New System but I think he realizes now that he's not. He still clings to the belief that this is "the Truth" and I won't tell him how I know it's not, because I think he could literally, die of a broken heart.

It's articles like this one that are going to encourage current jdub's to start questioning these pie in the sky

Yep, the young ones anyway. I ran into an elderly Witness tonight......she's in her mid 80s and she was telling me how much we need the New System and she was encouraged to see that in the June Craptower, it apparently says that Armageddon is "imminent". I couldn't help it but I said "...ya, it's been 'imminent' for the last 130 years.." She suddenly got that blank expression that Dubs get when someone says something like that.......maybe I shouldn't have said anything and just let her believe that it's 'imminent'.......anyhoo, she was trying to encourage me to come back to the Kingdumb Hell "before it's too late".......I said I'd think about it and that made her happy. Poor soul.

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

Like you I feel so sorry for the older jdubs. Many I know have given there entire life to the society, I would like nothing more if given the opportunity then to teach my parents and other older witnesses I know, the real truth about the troof. However, this would have a devastating effect on them to the point where some would probably give up on living. Thank god I woke up early enough so at least my family and I can live a normal life away from this thought controlling cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit