I WENT TO CHURCH THIS MORNING....

by Mary 42 Replies latest jw friends

• tan
    tan

I was invited to a Methodist church this morning. The service started at 11:00 a.m. Very interesting. Lots of singing and praising of Jesus. Lot's of prayers. Really liked that they acknowledged everyone there from the children, to visitors, to the elderly. They also stated that someone in the congregation is retiring and will need assistance from the congregation. Very different from our meetings. I liked that everyone had a part of the meeting...even the sisters. The preacher read the whole passage of passover and didn't need notes or an outline...he spoke from his heart and quoted many bible scriptures that I was familiar with. It was pretty neat. I've only been to funerals or weddings at churches. Neat experience. Will go again, I'm sure.

• delilah
    delilah

Mary, that's so cool.I have to chuckle, I can just imagine you taking the wafer, and having to chew it. Did you also drink the wine? I was actually saying, as we drove past the Presbyterian church,(on my way to mom's) on Good Friday, that I'd like to see what they're all about. I know they have a wonderful choir, and it's really beautiful inside....lots to look at, while listening to sermons,. This year, for Christmas, I'd like to go. My kids have been, a couple years ago, and they really liked it. I'm just nervous, I really do not want to get involved with another controlling religion. Ya know????

• gumby
    gumby

So Mary.....did you attend this morning.....or are you gonna be a little ol' innactive/irregular publisher?

I been thinking of going lately just for the hell of it. I like to see different faiths, different people, watch faces and actions.....and I like to ask the male members if they'd like to have their nutbags shinned........

......................................................................................just kiddin bout the last deal.

If you guys ever want some entertainment......go to a pentocostal, church of god, or any other charismatic church and see if you can sit through the whole service without gettin scared....or mad. One-a-these days I'm gonna attend one and fake like I'm talkin in tongues but actually throw in some cusswords and see if anyone catches it..

"Ama cacca raheem shilo shitface, bahemmoth rabba ratshit ya meo alla babba bitch gonda kiee asswipy anda fuckayoubebahamma mamma nutsackee um massa".

That outta fool the bastards

Gumtongues

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit