I WENT TO CHURCH THIS MORNING....

by Mary 42 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Ballistic ya bastard......make sure you read AuldSouls thread too. He tells of what he experienced.

I just wanna say I'm not encouraging ones to become churchgoers( and it's cool if you do I suppose ) I just like to see ex-witnesses to see christendom isn't what the witnesses say it is. It's another notch for your gun on your journey.

Gumby

• greendawn
    greendawn

I will be going to an orthodox Easter service which is next week, I like the way the colourful church inside impacts on the senses with all the icons of the saints and apostles, the frankincence that symbolises the prayers of the saints, and the flowers for easter. For them Easter is far more important than Xmas and on Sunday everyone eats roast lamb which custom I supppose they took from the Jewish passover.

On Saturday midnight the priest declares "Christ has risen" and then everyone says "he has indeed risen".

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey Gumbastard, the church might stop me passing out in front of my computer after too much beer!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I hope Gumpy eats more than all this processed food like tinned soup and pop corn, which is bad for one's health.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, did you find it a good experience?

Yes and no.......I'm glad I went to see what a Catholic service is like and I didn't feel aggrevated like I did after the Memorial last week, but I can't say I "felt good" like I had a wonderful religious experience.......I actually enjoy watching Charles Stanley on TV on Sundays. I think his ministry is in Atlanta and is called In Touch With Ministries. While he might be a bit over-the-top (he doesn't believe in alcohol at all), I find I enjoy what he has to say. He has a nice, easy mannerism and while it's obvious he does believe in a fiery hell, he certainly doesn't emphasize it. He emphasizes making the most out of life because God wants the best for us. He encourages education, thinking, self-discipline and living a "balanced" life. Not like the WTS that is constantly harping at you for "not doing enough" and "lacking in appreciation" for the Borganization. The WTS has never, ever encouraged us to get an education, and to make the most out of our lives because God wants us to be happy----just the opposite. No wonder so many Witnesses have identity problems and low self-esteem.

I hope Gumpy eats more than all this processed food like tinned soup and pop corn, which is bad for one's health.

Don't worry about the Gumbear.......I'm sure manna falls from heaven onto his front lawn each and every day. Along with a 6 pack.

• ballistic
    ballistic

So.. Mary do you think I might find a good wife at the church (should have been honest first time I posted).

• Mary
    Mary
    So.. Mary do you think I might find a good wife at the church (should have been honest first time I posted).

Dat's okay hon........I think you've got a pretty good chance of finding a suitable wife at church......couples are always splitting up, or some women just have never gotten married as they can't find a guy........I would certainly give it a whirl.......try different churches----open up all your options. That's what I'm going to do: check out all the local churches to see if there's a decent guy who's responsible, hard working, a good father and not a fall down drunken asshole still available............

• ballistic
    ballistic

women are very practical like that I find.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    They looooove to hear our stories! I at onetime was going to travel to various churches for "cult awarness" purposes. Churches love stories like ours and the members love hearing it. Most have no idea what the witnesses actually believe and preach.

Gumby

Gummy - right on target again, my claymation friend.

IN the early months of my de-indroctrination period I befriended a Lutheran couple that partakes of ground coffee bean juice with me in the mornings. She told me of her pastor, and we emailed a couple of times. He was absolutely unaware of Jehovah's witnesses doctrine and thinking. He asked to read IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM. Of course I obliged. He read it and sent positive comments back to me about my decision to leave. He had no idea up to that point. I considered asking him for an opportunity to address his church about JW cult, but haven't yet.

Jeff

• gumby
    gumby

AKJeff,

One way to aid in stopping the growth of the dubs is to make churches aware of their teachings. Look how many dubs have come from christendom! Thousands! How many of these would have became dubs had they KNOWN of the things about witnesses?

Most pastors do a poor job in training his flock against cults as many of them haven't studied the teachings of the witnesses and other oddball faiths. The best instructor/teacher about Jehovah's Witnesses for a church.....is an ex-Jehovahs Witness. One who knows the organisation and it's teaching's well....like many of us here on JWD

I'd imagine if a campaign could be launched with participation from others in instructing people about the witnesses in churches, there would be fewer bible studies from christendom.....much fewer.

Gumby

Just had an idea with e-mails to churches

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit