I'm meeting with the elders today, oh yay!!!!!!!!!!!

by lola28 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

We have had a few little conversations with elders over the years. I always ask them questions when they ask me one, like "why do you want to know that?" or "why do you ask?" or "do you think of me as a JW?" when they ask me if I consider myself to be a JW. They can't answer that one right. If they say "yes", then it's "why has it taken you so long to check on us?", if they say "no", then "what I think is none of their business, is it?"

So far it has worked beautifully. It puts them on the defensive. We have also lied our socks off. It's fun doing the theocratic warfare lying, for sure.

• merfi
    merfi

((((lola))))

Just wanted to offer some words of support and encouragement -- the unconditional kind. I've BTDT with JC, it's horrible -- my heart reaches out to you.

No further advice on what to do and how to do it. I agree on the dress code -- go Amish. :) Little make-up (just enough to smear a bit when you cry), no jewelry etc etc.

Thinking of you today!

XO ~ merfi

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((Lola)))

Best of luck. You can add as a reason for your depression that you have been gone SOOO long and not one of the elders went after a little sheep. Whichever way it goes, everything will be alright. They are only something in their own minds.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

(((Lola)))

Best of luck! Keep your chin up and don't let them intimadate you, remember they are just pathetic old bastards that get off on their own power.

• lola28
    lola28

Son of a witch! I over slept!

I will tell you guys how it went later.

lola

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Good luck, do whatever works for you and your life. You don't need to prove anything, and I do love the fading plan. BUT DON'T GET TRULY SUCKED BACK IN!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

A person who leaves an abusive church is not the one doing the hurting. What you may be doing is just trying to protect yourself from further abuse by hiding and lying. If so then you will likely find it doesn't work for long and you will feel dirty about lying to people you care about.

• ferret
    ferret

Best of luck to you lola, let us all know how things went.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thinking about you lola!

i'll be watching for your post on how it went.

hugs

• cheen
    cheen

You mentioned in your post that you "talked to one of my "friends" who is still a witness and I realized that there are a lot of people who would be very hurt if I got DFed"....please remember that these people more than are not your friends, and if and when you are DFed, they won't even blink an eye at you, much less talk to you anymore, sad? yes, but very true. Reality, you'll see it more clear once your out of the corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit