I'm meeting with the elders today, oh yay!!!!!!!!!!!

by lola28 35 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Hi everyone,

As many of you know I will be meeting with the elders from my hall today. I had decided to come clean and just tell them that I don't believe in this anymore. However tonight I talked to one of my friends who is still a witness and I realized that there are a lot of people who would be very hurt if I got DFed, so I have made the choice to go into that meeting today and lie my ass off. You see I thought about this a lot and I can't stand the thought of I hurting people that really care about me. I can avoid causing them pain by using some good old theocratic warfare. All I have to do is get through this meeting and then go back to fading.

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you, you have no idea how much you have helped me. Hugs and kisses to those of you that have taken the time to pm me and to those of you that have phoned me up. Thank you to those that have offered to be bodyguards. I want to thank those of you that have given me your phone numbers in case I need to talk.

The sister that turned me in to the elders told me that those in the world are wicked, I say bullshit. You guys are are wonderful, you give me hope. Because of you I know that when I leave eveything will be okay, thank you.

Also I need to figure out what to wear, any suggestions?

Lola ** who is meeting with the elders and can't sleep**

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Oooh, thinking about you, and in your position I would do exactly the same thing. There is no moral high ground in telling the truth, it merely plays into their hands.

Tell them you are confused.. depressed, but of course you think the organisation has the truth!! How could you not!! Please be very careful to stay off any topics you might want to raise, 607, UN, child abuse... keep those lips zipped!

if you can do this sucessfully you can have your cake and eat it. Not be a witness but hang on to your friends and family.

Whichever way it goes, we're here for you with that worldly thing... true unconditional friendship!!

Poppy xxxx

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Also I need to figure out what to wear, any suggestions?

A suit of armor? .. Sorry, make that something comfortable and modest (I'm sure the girls here will do better than that lol)

Along with the fibbing I suggest a contrite humble attitude, yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir.. my lifes been a train wreck lately ..sob.. yes, I have neglected personal study, yes I haven't been praying the way I should be ..yes, from now on I will make an effort to put spiritual things first .. (it may test your stomach to the limit but is worth it if you want to keep control of the situation and one day fade).

best of luck sweetheart ((((((((((lola)))))))))

EDIT To Add: Acting dumb is a good tactic too (comes natural to me - I'm halfway there). ..um I don't know .. um I haven't thought about that before .. mmm very interesting I'll have to think about that ..

• prophecor
    prophecor

Been thinkin' a lot about cha' Lola. I know that memorial thing kinda' had you over a barrell. You OK?

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

On the what to wear thing...

You're a depressed person, dont pretty yourself up too much, the worse you look, the worse you'll feel and the acting will come naturally!!

Loooooooooonnnng skirt of course, baggy top. very flat shoes, no makeup, see, you're depressed already aren't you! In the role!

The elders cannot handle women and 'emotions'. Just tell them you're so confused, you cry all the time, you might need to see the doctor, you just cant think about the meetings or bear to think about Armageddon (this might offset your comments about jehovah not caring)

fingers crossed for you.

Poppy xx

• lola28
    lola28
    Acting dumb is a good tactic too (comes natural to me - I'm halfway there).

Will do.

Loooooooooonnnng skirt of course, baggy top. very flat shoes, no makeup, see, you're depressed already aren't you! In the role!

That did make me sad .

Been thinkin' a lot about cha' Lola. I know that memorial thing kinda' had you over a barrell. You OK?

Been thinking about you as well Prophy, hope verything is okay with you. I've had some really bad days, haven't felt like myself. but a lot of people have gone out of their way to make me feel better and they have done a great job.

Lola

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have found silence to be the key to survival. It is hard to remain tight lipped but essential if your family is important to you. Any isssues have to raised as 'sincere questions' , so as to elicit a responce as in James ch 5 , or Romans 14.1 "Welcome the man having weaknesses in his faith"..

Then ... "Hmmm.... Food for thought, need to pray about it"

Frankly, the elders around here dont care a bean. The soon soon forgot about me as long as I keep my head down

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Good luck lola

• prophecor
    prophecor

Goodnight, Lola. You can reach me anytime. You'll do fine. The no sleep thing's probably going to work in your favor, but its a long way to tomorrow. (((((((((Love)))))))))

• Honesty
    Honesty

Don't wash your hair or take a bath. This is very important although it will probably take some willpower to do it.

If possible, rub a bit of garlic on your clothes/body. The meeting will be over in just a few minutes if you do this. The Pharisees will be racing to the library door to get as far as possible away from you.

Oh yeah, if you have an empty Vicks Vaporub jar pass a little gas in it, seal it up and take it into the meeting in your purse. During the prayer open the lid and I guarantee 5 minutes and you're outta there with your 'privileges' intact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit