Who's getting rich at WTBTS?

by fish 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• greendawn
    greendawn

There could be more than meets the eye with the WTS finances as there is bound to be some cooking of the accounts as happens with many corporations.

What is significant is that they have very minimal overheads since most work is done for them free, a capitalist's dream come true, they really know how to get religion to work for them.

I hear that even the accountants and solicitors forego their fees in order to please jehovah and have a great future reward stored up with Him by kindly and unselfishly serving the interests of the kingdom for which read a manmade organisation very cunningly presenting itself as the kingdom.

The question remains where do all those hundreds of millions of declared profits go?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Hi fish -

So, you are already done with that fine "flood" thread? And after all that special research I did on the volume of Ice Crystalization on Greenland...just kidding!!!

Anyway - another good question!

Check out the lifestyle of Judge Rutherford (there are threads here)... I am still looking through Hemmings Motor News to see if those two Cadillac V16s ever come up on auction. I kind of have an eye for the 2 door coupe he had in NYC, although the California limo would be OK in its own way...neither one need make an apology.

Seriously, previous poster makes the clear point that sometimes it is not just the money - for some types it is more about the power.

James

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    and bethelites don't get squat other then their 30 bucks a month salary for their fulltime work

There's also a huge bin full of hand me down clothes somewhere on the property I believe? I used to send old clothes to my brother in law when he was up there, and what he couldn't wear went in the bin so some other poor Bethelite stiff could get it.

• sf
  • UBS Warburg AG
  • Verizon Communications
  • Vornado
  • Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
  • The Watchtower Society
  • Whitehall Funds
  • The Witkoff Group, LLC
  • stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

This is good stuff. Great link Lady Lee

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    and bethelites don't get squat other then their 30 bucks a month salary for their fulltime work

30 bucks of a month???? WTF???!!!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Bethelites in the US get a little over $100 per month

wac - x bethelite

• sf
    sf

Vendors of Paradise in district XVI

According to the Watchtower, there is a total of 22085 JW in Hungary. ... owns shares in the JP Morgan mutual trust fund and own 50 percent of a company ...
    www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=6199 - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

Level Orange: High Risk of Terrorist Attack

Not coincidently, Citigroup and JP Morgan (now Morgan/Chase) are also two of the ... Yet, the irony is that the Watchtower apparently feels that millions of ...
    e-watchman.com/commentaries/ level-orange-terrorist-attack-risk.html - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

Jehovahs Witness Discussion Forum - Topic: WT. Pays $30000 ...

I requested The Exact amount Watchtower paid to date. IP: wHcS3sxSnPwIYuKv ... I wonder if they use JPMorgan Chase investment funds / fund managers? ...
    www.jehovahs-witness.com/ forum/thread.aspx?id=36527&site=3 - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

Newsday.com - Business Print Edition

... e-commerce venture with Chase Manhattan, now JP Morgan Chase & Co. ... One publication, Watchtower, now has an average print run of 23 million copies ...
    www.watchtowernews.org/Top40NYCcorps.htm - 102k - Cached - Similar pages

Chase to swap businesses with Bank of New York

The Business Journal of Milwaukee - 9:32 AM CDT Monday

J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is bolstering its bank branch presence in its hometown with an agreement to trade some operations with The Bank of New York Co . Inc. in a transaction valued at $2.3 billion.

The New York City-based holding company for Chase bank said it will trade its corporate trust business, valued at $2.15 billion, and pay $150 million in cash for the consumer, small business and middle-market banking businesses of Bank of New York (NYSE: BK). JPMorgan Chase may also make a payment of $50 million tied to certain new account openings at Chase.

The transaction would add 338 bank branches representing 600,000 households and 100,000 small-business and 2,000 middle-market clients to Chase's New York City-area operations. The banking businesses represent total loan balances of about $8 billion.

JPMorgan Chase expects to recognize an after-tax gain on the sale of the corporate trust business estimated at approximately $600 million to $700 million upon the deal's closing. It has total assets of $1.2 trillion.

Chase (NYSE: JPM) is the third-largest Milwaukee-area bank based on total local deposits. It has total assets of $1.2 trillion.

The transaction has been approved by both companies' boards of directors and is subject to regulatory approvals. It is expected to close in late third quarter or the fourth quarter of 2006.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2006/04/10/daily2.html

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Did anyone happen to notice that "Fish" did not have the courtesy to reply to anyone who answered his question?

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit