Who's getting rich at WTBTS?

by fish 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• fish
    fish

I see a lot of talk on this site about all the money WT is making or trying to save. Is there evidence that the governing body or other higher ups are being enriched financially? I've never heard of anyone getting paid anything for their work within the organization. I even heard the lawyers they use donate their services. Is this true?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The individuals who are officers in a 501c(3) charitable corporation do not themselves gain wealth, however, they are the ones controlling how the money is used. As a result they get all sorts of "perks" while performing their duties as officers of their charitable corporation.

Since they spend all of their time on the corporation's property, they need to have rooming provided. Their rooming just happens to be very very nice.

Also, since they need to get around town they need to have transportation provided by the corporation. This transportation just happens to be very very expensive automobiles.

When traveling they also need rooming accommodations at hotels. These hotels just happen to be very very extravagant in their accommodations.

When traveling long distances they also need air transportation. This transportation just happens to be first class.

When at their destination after a long travel they need to get around. Their transportation just happens to be limousines or every very expensive automobiles.

Need I go on?

They basically live in the lap of luxury while claiming a "vow of poverty".

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If I were to investigate I'd probably start with those who go to the annual meeting. Most likely they would be the corporate shareholders.

W

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

You must remember that everyone who makes money does not do it for their own enrichment, per se. Some people do it for the sheer enjoyment of seeing an empire built. I believe that this describes the Governing Body. They do not strive to expand their empire so that they can buy big cars or fine houses or take exotic vacations. It's the power that they experience by being the head of a multi-million dollar corporation. Other big corporations approach them to sit on their Boards, contact them for knowledge in how they put their empire together. They have a huge stock portfolio and are being courted by the bigwigs on Wall Street. It's a real ego booster to be sure.

That being said, they don't live frugally either. Who of us has maids to make our beds, cooks to prepare our meals and a fine retirement home in Upstate New York waiting for us? Not to mention their health insurance paid for, their clothes and anything else they want. Who here can hire private planes to take them where they want to go, who can stay in the finest hotels around the world?

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

makes you sick huh?. well my dad just retired after 45 years working for the . he wouldent tell me how much he got for pension and benies and all that. but what he said and how he said it makes me nausous.he says im doing better retired than working(he made damn good money as an exec of a decent size city)and after i give the wtbts there share ill still be doing ok.OK?OK? he could be doing damn ok,but hes happy giving all that money to the pukes at the wtbts and just being ok... wtf? it makes no sense to me at all.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Thing is - it's easy to get used to a life of corporate hospitality. I bet the governing body don't even realise they are living that life. Although they sure are trying to protect it. Cutting the Awake publication, bound volumes and so on and a few years ago cutting the number of assembly days. They are pulling the purse strings.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is a question we can only speculate about we don't even know how much profit they make each year because their accounts are so secretive. My speculation is that there are individuals or groups that secretly receive large incomes from the WTS but we don't know who they are? Who are the shareholders anyway and who are they connected to?

• Cellist
    Cellist

There seems to be alot of rich "brothers" who do "business" with the WTS.

Cellist

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

"Who's getting rich at the WTBTS ? " . . . why, the ones at the top of the pyramid, of course ! It's been that way since the beginning, although "the judge" put a great spin on it all and sucked up many more dollars from the thousands of " scared shitless-witless' witnesses."

Millions of dollars have found their way into the coffers of the WTS, which, of course, becomes billions of dollars in a rather short period of time if invested in" worldly co-operations" which, of course, they do.

Biggest bunch of hypocrites in the world !

• Highlander
    Highlander

It's the power that they experience by being the head of a multi-million dollar corporation.

I agree Gary1914.

Money is very appealing to men, but there is one thing more attractive than money. It's power, and that I believe is the motivation behind many of the goobers at bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit