Any plans for the long weekend?

by xjwms 36 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

I am planning and getting ready to paint living room and kitchen. Moving furniture and cleaning

Sunday invited to cousins house for dinner, drinks, and gamble-ing

Glad I get to leave the house on Sunday

What will you be cooking on Sunday?

• blondie
    blondie

Hope to be visiting non-JW family....we'll see.

Otherwise we may take ourselves out to dinner.....so many restaurants offering brunch...but not many restaurants open on Xmas. I wonder why that is.

Want to come paint the inside of our house, xjwms?

Blondie

• xjwms
    xjwms

Blondie

Would love to help paint.......with yawl

However i am in the cleaning and clearing out the furniture mode...... rather hire out to ..two painters I know. That may happen late next week

• blondie
    blondie

Even clearing out would be a chore for us...but we are making plans.

Blondie

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Yes, it’ll be a busy fun weekend for us.

My sister in law and her boyfirend from out of town are coming to visit for the weekend.

“Beautifulisfree” and hubby,& The “Gogetters” are having dinner with all of us tomorrow. Then maybe out for drinks and dancing.

Saturday, we are celebrating Beautifulisfree’s 2 year wedding anniversary. Then out to see a cool local band play in the evening.

Sunday, lunch at our house…..

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

What long weekend?? my company doesn't give tomorrow as a holiday. :( the rest of the weekend...going to spend some time with friends in the beautiful City By the Bay.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm going to roast a goose on Sunday.

W

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am going to clean out the brush in my neighbor's back yard b/c I'm sooo sick of looking at it. (It's a farm & they don't keep the edge of their property clear. Right now it looks like The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.) Then I'm going to see if we can borrow a truck to bring in some top soil & put it along the back. I plan on planting some trees and ground cover back there to block my view of the hideous overgrowth in the neighbor's yard. I should take a pic.

Then I am doing a painting to hang in my bathroom.

Then I will spend Easter at my IL's, in a tiny house with 20+ loud people. I don't know what it is, maybe I'm getting old or something, but I don't enjoy gigantic/crowded/loud dinner parties any more. So....I usually drink a bunch of wine & it magically stops bothering me. And I will eat a ton of good Italian food. As I'm ignoring the chatter, I will ponder how many Easters I missed out on & how happy I am that I came to my senses, which always gives me a warm empowered feeling.

Then I'll come home and finish the Easter candy, which I hope contains a lot of white chocolate, and vow to eat better Monday, while I'm watching Sopranos and Big Love, of course. Eating the ears off chocolate bunnies while watching people get "wacked"--ahhhh, can life get better than that? :)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Oh, I almost forgot to rub this in. I work for the government, so I get Easter Monday off too - PAID!

W

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I don't have to go back to work till next Friday now

But I have a lot of studying to catch up on for my degree course

I also need to plant vegetables so I hope we get some warm, dry weather for at least a couple of days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit