How has the site helped you?

by KW13 10 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I'd already left the JW's for personal reasons but i knew there was more to the story. This site helped me clarify just what the WBT Society are. Research is important and with this place as a resource i could learn of 607, the british musuem stuff, UN scandal e.t.c and even though the JW's say its all lies, IF YOU LOOK YOURSELF its there to see.

JW's label people here as apostates, my mum says avoid the apostates, they are bitter. When i said to her that the Society tell her all about these so called apostates that sit on their computers and go on sites, i asked am i not an apostate, i do the same! Her view of what an apostate is slightly different now.

i guess i owe you guys a thankyou

• drew sagan
  • KW13
    KW13

Thanks for the link

• upside/down
    upside/down

Like the owner of this site Simon says...(I said "Simon says"...)

This site is a tool and as such is used to get a job done... When that job is done...one has little need for the tool

JWD has been a huge stepping stone in my life...even more dramatic than when I became a Witnoid.

It had a steep learning curve at first...then leveled out. Without it I'd still be full of unearned GUILT!

Now...I rarely need it at all. I stop in just to see what's happening and perhaps help a newbie or two...just like some of the "pillars" here helped me. It's only fair...

But now I actually have a LIFE and really owe a lot of that to JWD!!!

How can you ever forget a place that literally saved your life...

u/d(of the gotta give some back class)

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

When I left I was a walkaway believer. I still believed it was the "truth" and I still had pangs of guilt and felt that one day I'd return (like a dog to its own vomit) This site helped me in three ways

1. I learnt the very same spiritual brothers and sisters that were looking down their noses at me for not being spiritual enough were in fact just as bad as me and a lot of the time up to much worse stuff than me. They were just much better at hiding it - That cleared up my "I was a dub failure" issue.

2. I learnt from this site that Apostates aren't the spawn of Satan (apart from sickoflies that is lol) Most of the people that post here are normal grounded people. They don't rant and rave, they don't foam at the mouth and howl at the moon and outside assemblies and they are not demonic in the slightest. They're just normal human beings who's only crime was to be human.

3. It taught me that the organisation that moulded my life, that made me the man I am today and that one day I would return to was just a cult. A cult run by 12 power hungry old men and 100's of window cleaners.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    aren't the spawn of Satan

I'm not?

Gee... I was so proud...

u/d(of the thought I was and found I'm not class)

• Brigid
    Brigid

It is so incredibly powerful to read stories of people with similar experiences to mine growing up--experiences that no one in my "real" life can share, no matter how close we are. Only the very closest of my close friends (about 5) even know I grew up as a JW. Most people, I tell, I grew up Evangelical Christian (it's true, in a sense) My in-laws do not know (my mother-in-law went to her grave not having a clue and we were very close).

I share this little piece of my soul with "strangers" from all over the world here---and you simply "get it". And I get you. Who else can I share my story of my mother burning my smurf dolls while calling down Jehovah and laugh understandingly about it? No one else on the face of this good planet but other ex-jws.

I love you all.

Bright Blessings,

~Brigid

• KW13
    KW13
    It is so incredibly powerful to read stories of people with similar experiences to mine growing up--experiences that no one in my "real" life can share, no matter how close we are. Only the very closest of my close friends (about 5) even know I grew up as a JW. Most people, I tell, I grew up Evangelical Christian (it's true, in a sense) My in-laws do not know (my mother-in-law went to her grave not having a clue and we were very close).

I share this little piece of my soul with "strangers" from all over the world here---and you simply "get it". And I get you. Who else can I share my story of my mother burning my smurf dolls while calling down Jehovah and laugh understandingly about it? No one else on the face of this good planet but other ex-jws.

I love you all.

Bright Blessings,

~Brigid

Amazing how anyone from the different range of ages can understand what seems to small to others, JW's to people who've never been one think your either weird or a bad person that lets your pet cat die.

This is my home, i'm moving in

• Woofer
    Woofer

I think its great to share stories and interact with people who I have a common bond with.

Who else would believe that my mom would have my sisters and I scour every garage sale we ever went to making sure there were no demonic symbols or influences before we would be allowed to purchase something?

Who else would believe that a bunch of old farts in Brooklyn can tell you what to do, when to do it, and how to do it . . even in the bedroom?

Who else would believe that your parents and family would shun you?

• xjwms
    xjwms

My eyes

have been

opened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit