If you went to the Memorial, what was the attendance like?

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Is the hall half full or half empty?

Seriously though, last night there were about 20% less than the year before, and the year before that there was less.

The hall was rented, but definitely not jam packed like last year. I had no problem finding a seat.

What was your attendance like?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Full house in my hall. I dont think the memorial attendance is a good gauge to determine attendance since most inactives, relatives, DF'ed who still believe show up. You want to get a sense of reall attendance go to a book study or school and service meeting. It is dropping especially at bookstudies.

• blondie
    blondie

Attendance can drop at the memorial although there are a lot of factors

Sharing a hall, the early ones may attract more from the later one especially families with children.

If it is the only congregation in the hall, then it might be more stable to compare, if you kept track of it over the last few years. It's not like they post the count from years past.

Just hubbie and me at home last night with our own little ceremony...best talk ever.

Blondie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my old cong used to have over 200 that would attend the memorial. many would be standing due to lack of seating.

i got a call from family last night and there were 150 attending with some empty seats still left over.

i asked if there were very many new ones and was told no, just inactive and extended family.

usual meeting attendance there is just under 100 people on sundays.

• breeze
    breeze

I had no problem with seating and the parking was also not an issue as in the past.

Seemed like the crowds are waning......

BREEZE

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

If we are using the Memorial to gauge apathy, this might be a good spot, as THIS IS the HIGH HOLY DAY for JW's. If we are gauging new growth, someone already mentioned in another thread that most of the growth is in the Spanish field.......I'm more curious about how much of the "funny money" showed up.........

Ter

• Tristram
    Tristram

Completely packed to the gills last night. But I agree with XBEHERE that its not an accurate gauge. Check out the TMS and Service Meeting this week for the real picture.

• blondie
    blondie

On another thread, there were approximately 374,000 less people at the memorial in 2005 than in 2004.

Blondie

• upside/down
    upside/down

The memorial is a big tahdoo 'bout nuthin...

Just like St.Valentines Day....which, to be more accurate, should be called Hallmark Day.

Let's call the "memorial"... WTS day.

u/d

• blondie
    blondie

In 2004 - 16,760,607 attended memorial

In 2005 - 16,383,333 attended memorial

That is a reduction of 377,274 - Let's hope this year continues a downward trend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit