BUSTED in RUSSIA JW DESTROY FAMILYS

by DannyHaszard 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Photo from www.newsru.com Jehovah’s Witnesses Claim Moscow Police Broke Up Prayer Meeting ...
    MOSNEWS, Russia - 11 minutes ago
    Police have broken up a Moscow prayer meeting attended by about 200 Jehovah’s Witnesses and detained about 20 worshippers, a representative of the religious ...

Jehovah’s Witnesses Claim Moscow Police Broke Up Prayer Meeting, Detained 20

Created: 13.04.2006 14:03 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 14:03 MSK document.write(get_ago(1144922591)); , 11 minutes ago MosNews Police have broken up a Moscow prayer meeting attended by about 200 Jehovah’s Witnesses and detained about 20 worshippers, a representative of the religious group told the Associated Press Thursday.

Vasily Kanin, a member of the small Russian community of Jehovah’s Witnesses, said police in 10 squad cars arrived Wednesday at a public hall which the group had rented over the past few months and forced the worshippers to end their service.

“They burst in at the height of the service, when the symbols were being passed,” Kanin said, referring to the bread and wine used to symbolize Jesus Christ’s body and blood.

About 20 Jehovah’s Witnesses were taken to a police precinct and questioned for between two and four hours before being released, he said.

Kanin said police told the worshippers they were enforcing a ban on the group. But Kanin said a recent court ruling had prohibited only a legal status for the denomination and the accompanying rights to hold bank accounts and property.

“They can’t ban simple meetings, the constitution gives that right to every person,” Kanin said.

Police could not immediately comment.

A June 2004 ruling by the Moscow City Court upheld a lower court decision earlier that year that prohibited Jehovah’s Witnesses from engaging in religious activity in the Russian capital. The ruling arose from a Russian law that allows courts to ban religious groups which are considered to be inciting hatred or intolerant behavior. There are about 10,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses in Moscow and 133 ,000 nationwide, according to the group.

Prosecutors claimed the group was destroying families and endangering followers’ health by forbidding medical procedures such as blood transfusions. They also said Jehovah’s Witnesses were violating privacy by distributing religious pamphlets on the street and by mail. ----------------- [email protected] contact news desk

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Oh,oh is this the gog of magog attack by the 'king of the north'? Prayer meeting is really a cult recruitment & sales meeting

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

And they struck at the memorial

lol

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you Danny for the information!

Cheers!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Woo Hoo....Go Russia!

• JAVA
    JAVA

WOW -- All of that good wine and bread wasted. Never mind, it was going to be wasted anyway. :)
    Freedom of religion or from religion is something all people should have. However, when a religion (or any other group) takes away the rights of health care and normal social behavior to its followers, I see no reason why a government can't step in to protect their citizens.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

As much as I am in complete disagreement with the WTS, I don't really see instances like this in a positive light. The reasons are numerous
    - They make the membership more determined
    - They are and unfair way of punishing something you don't like
    - They seek to destory through force or pressure, which rarely ever works.
    Like many other control gorups, the WTS needs the passing of TIME more than anything. As time progresses, their grip will loosen on their membership. The internet in itself has done much more to the organization over the past 5 years than any ban put on people in Russia.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    - They seek to destory through force or pressure, which rarely ever works.

Drew you are looking at this through the eyes of a free American. Your average Russian knows what its like to live under an oppressive regime, they know the penalties involved if you go against the establishment. In the free world the reaction to something like this might be rebellion, you might get people interested in joining up just to piss the establishment off. In Russia the people know you don't piss off the establishment, not unless you want a very long holiday in Siberia.

This kind of police pressure will kill off interest from "interested ones" and people will be scared to accept literature from them or have anything to do with them. And if that saves the life of one "Bleeder" or saves just one family from being split up then that's a good thing.

However it will re-enforce the idea that Jehovah is with the witnesses and feed the paranoia of those dubs in the free world.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Freedom of religion or from religion is something all people should have. However, when a religion (or any other group) takes away the rights of health care and normal social behavior to its followers, I see no reason why a government can't step in to protect their citizens.

I agree. The Watchtower claims to fight for freedom of worship, but in reality the freedom they fight for is for Watchtower corporate. Their corporation then wins the right to trample upon the freedoms of their adherents.

W

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

This is a step in the right direction. However the press needs to understand how the religion destroys familes with their shunning practices and intolerance towards those who leave the religion (the article implied the religion destroyed families because of their beliefs regarding blood transfusions).

The Russian article reminds me of the JW documentary my mother forced me to watch when I visited last month regarding former Soviet Union Witnesses who were sent to Siberia. It mentioned 40 or so Witnesses who were sent to Siberia for practicing their religion while under ban. Some were released after a few years some were forced to stay for several years. While it was an interesting review of a very small segment of the Russian population that was sent to Siberia, I pointed out that hundreds of thousands of Russians were forced to live and work there becasue of their political beliefs. As usual, she and the documentary minimized any victims other than JWs.

Regards,
    NYCkid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit