Britney's baby suffers a fractured scull - taken to hospital 6 days later.

by Elsewhere 31 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I don't like Spears all that much...but before we lynch her, lets considre a couple of things.

First, how was she raised? Like Elsewhere said you can take the girl out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl. She is an immature, spoiled brat herself. How would she know how to raise a child?

Second, being the rich, spoiled people they are, they have nannies to do all the work at home. While most people don't have that luxury (or would want it) if someone else is doing all the baby work, the parents might not notice right off that something is wrong. It's possible that it happened while they weren't around.

That's not to excuse poor parenting, but poor parenting doesn't necessarily mean that something criminal has happened.

edited to add: I posted before seeing the second article. But it does go to show that getting all the facts is important before rushing to judgement on anyone.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I honestly do not know much about Britney's upbringing, so these are some things I am wondering. I believe she is from the South, but I don't understand the trailer park reference. (No, the term does not offend me because it is simply a comical term, to me anyway.) I've heard it all over the internet and I don't get what is meant by it. Poverty? She was in the Disney kids show & basically in show business since then, so wouldn't that mean she had $ growing up? Or didn't she earn much then?

Or does it mean trashy? I think her husband is trashy, and Britney strikes me as just a really confused immature woman who goes along with whatever her husband does & says.

Like I said, I don't know much about Britney herself.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Well...she IS the girl who was rushed to the hospital a few weeks ago because she was going around barefoot in a parking lot and walked on a needle, right?

The one that drove away from the paparazzies with the baby in her lap instead of his baby-seat??

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I like this quote by Keanu Reeves' character, Tod, in "Parenthood":

You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father.

Or mother.

Nina

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    don't understand the trailer park reference

Me neither...I have lived in a trailer park and don't consider myself less than anyone who doesn't...I know other people who live in trailer parks who I consider intelligent, kind and considerate human beings - in fact one elderly woman I know who came from a wealthy family and inherited close to a million dollars, preferred to stay in a little mobile home she had bought for herself years before. People thought she was a poor pensioner and I guess without knowing her she would be included in their 'trailer trash' mentality , yet she committed years of her life to helping the poor in the community and when she died, she left hundreds of thousands to a non profit agency that provided housing and care for the developmentally challenged.

As for Brittney, I may not like her celebrated status as an entertainer because I might not like her music much - but from what I've seen, she was raised in the south - not in a trailer but in a house - and her family was poor. Her mother spent a lot of time and all the money they had to keep her in dance lessons and pageants and she's been in the spotlight since she was just a little kid. I think, like a lot of other little kids, she became their ticket out of poverty and she was used for that. I actually feel sorry for the girl - I see a young woman who wants to be loved and cherished so bad she grabs hold of the first boy who shows her that and is so happens it is her back up dancer who already has a pregnant girlfriend. It's sad. Saw her husband on a talk show with her and he comes across as an insensitive jerk....She doesn't appear to me to be a bad mother....by the way...read the Nanny Diaries if you want a bit of an expose on the nanny stuff..a comical but basic account of the nanny path of the oh so wealthy ........sammieswife.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Good for you Sammieswife. It is sad to say that the "trailerpark" stereotype still crops up now and then. Like most stereotypes there are examples of individuals who fit it, but for the most part the use of the trailerpark stereotype is simply the cliche'd linguistic crutch of those who can't express themselves better.

Incidently, was Britney actually raised in a trailerpark? I am not sure that she was. If she wasn't, perhaps some people are displaying their further bias and prejudice against persons from the South.

Anyway, as reported today on Fox and as previously reported on CNN, the facts are essentially thus:

1. While in the care of a NANNY (the parents not being home at the time), the baby fell out of his high chair.

2. The day of this accident, the parents brought in a private doctor to examine the baby. The doctor did not find any problem with the baby.

3. Six days later, after observing and worrying that something might be wrong with the baby, the parents took him to the hospital emergency care where it was determined that in fact there was a skull fracture. The baby was released to the parents care.

4. In California when such injuries are observed in infants brought to the emergency room, the hospital is required to make a report to the Department of Social Services.

5. The DSS is required to make a home visit to investigate and check on the child's welfare. They are routinely accompanied by Sheriff's personnel. The DSS concluded that the parents were not at fault for the injury and acted with due care and the matter was closed.

-----

From all of the above, it seems apparent that with respect to this incident, Britney and Kevin acted appropriately.

In my opinion, this goes to show that sometimes people need to read a little more carefully and perhaps reserve judgment until more information is known instead of popping off with their kneejerk reactions.

-Eduardo

• Legolas
    Legolas
    . The day of this accident, the parents brought in a private doctor to examine the baby. The doctor did not find any problem with the baby.

Sorry ...I don't buy that!

Any doctor I know and a mother with at LEAST half a brain knows that xrays should have been taken...Especially with the money they have...I mean come on!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm so ashamed, Eduardo. I'll go right out and buy one of her albums in penance. And then I'll go shopping with Paris Hilton, another overrated celebrity with more money than sense.

Nina (of the not-a-Britney-fan club)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This is sensationalistic claptrap.

Your child falls out of a high chair? You check him out. He's ok? You get on with life. He's not ok 6 days later? You take him to a doctor.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

SIX DAYS!!!

Anyone with children will immediately note a change in their child´s behavior. This is a given

Letting the condition linger for nearly a week represents a grave failure to provide care for an infant child.

This is also known as ¨Child Abuse¨

As far as the trailer park comments go it is understood that it refers to those, who by their actions, generally follow a standard of conduct that is reprehensible to the average, reasonably cautious person. Child Abuse certainly represents an activity beyond the boundaries of reasonable activity.

Of course with those genes it´s not likely that the kid has a hope of ever being a neuro surgeon anyway so go ahead and drop him all you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit