Hello, I'm new - does anyone else feel the same as me?

by Zalrahs 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• free2beme
    free2beme

I wanted nothing to do with organized Christian religion. I did get into a more Pagan view on life, but do not attend anything organized for reasons like yourself. I had a father who was not a Witness either and he never wanted to rock the boat with my mother. Especially since he knew she was over the top in her behavior and would have left him, if he did anything to stop meeting attendence. They divorced three months after I moved out, I was the last child to leave. Either way, there is no rush to join another religion, but why limit yourself to Christianity in your research? There is a lot in this world to look in to.

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome to the board!!!!

does anybody out there feel like they want NOTHING to do with ANY organized religion?

Yuppers!!!! I do not want to get involved with any church or organization that will do the same thing as the JW's did....CONTROL me. Enjoy your stay here....post often.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome Zalrahs,

Glad you came here. You will find that there are a number of different experiences among xJWs and it's great.

I attended church for a few years after I was df'd (20 years ago) and gradually dropped it.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

Yep...Most people here fell the same way!

• anewme
    anewme

Welcome Zalrahs! (why do I feel like Im playing a bit part in a low budget sci-fi movie when I say that?)

Anyway, yes, we feel exactly as you do!

Spent alot on therapy and afraid to undo it by joining another snare and racket organization.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Some women, in fact many women, who are abused by dick head husbands generalize and conclude that there are no "good men". They go through life hating men and limiting themselves to a dark sided life. The most of them will assure you how happy they are to be single and would never get into a "relationship" again. Sound familiar?

carmel

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi, welcome to the board. I know what you mean. I want nothing to do with organized religion. But, I don't feel guilty for not going.

Cellist

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Zalrahs, and welcome to the board

I left the wts last year after almost 25 years in, 23 baptised, and though I still believe in God I wouldn't join another religion, the last one was much more than enough for me. I doubt I'd ever put my trust in religion again anyway.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Z, I can definately relate. Who wants to be controlled or duped again? I went through a period of cringing whenever anything religious was brought up. Dont' feel guilty about not attending a church. It takes time, give yourself that. I admire you for not allowing the wts to destroy your faith in Jesus. I believed in him but I didn't believe in organized religion. I was very cynical. Then my gran encouraged me to watch Joel Osteen on tv. Didn't want to do that either but I tried him once, watched him in secret for several months! I just enjoyed the positive message. Now I go to a non denominational church where the emphasis is on a personal relationship with Jesus, there is no dogmatic message of exclusive 'we have the truth, everyone else is gonna die'. Instead, there's the Christian freedom of - we're children of God and we don't have all the answers, we're just trying to love and live in Christ. Keep praying and God bless you. - V Sky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit