Hello, I'm new - does anyone else feel the same as me?

by Zalrahs 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• penbarrel
    penbarrel

seems to me like you think the whole JW thing is a crock. I have some very good friends who are catholics, they believe in the gospels, and they can do whatever they want 'cos they know that when they confess they will be forgiven! But that sounds like a bit of a cheat to me. I hope you find your way back to the righteousness soon.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome

We got screwed over pretty good, didn't we?

All I can say is, try not to worry too much about what others would demand, coerce, or guilt you into doing. Follow that still, small voice within. Be gentle with yourself. Let your wounds heal. If you believe in a God of Love, let love be your guide.

I was also raised as a JW. Never thought I would attend a church or any other organized group again, not even the more relaxed pagan variety. But a friend suggested I give it a go, maybe help put to rest some of those fears implanted by a JW upbringing. I was very reluctant as a good friend of mine had some negative experiences with local churches.

But finally I decided I didn't want to be captive to that sort of fear any more. So I attended a church down the street and was very pleasantly surprised. It has a very loving, comfortable vibe. I haven't joined anything, and nobody has asked me to or put any kind of pressure on me at all. They seem like the kind of people Jesus was talking about when describing how you would recognize his followers. And they don't mind a kid being a kid (mine is almost 5).

My best wishes to you, wherever you go and whatever you do

~Merry

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Welcome.

The experiences on here resonate very deeply with me. I remember thinking, 'So I wasn't alone,' over and over with each new post I read.

We were trapped in our isolation inside the bOrg, fearing to share our deepest thoughts as the WTS™ indoctrination drove home the thought of not sharing in someone else's "secret sin™". I would have gnawed off my arm just to know somebody else felt as miserable inside the bOrg as I did.

And to answer your question, yes, I sometimes feel the same.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    What I'm trying to get at is this: does anybody out there feel like they want NOTHING to do with ANY organized religion?

Completely agree with you; I dont trust any organised religion with any kind of structure...power corrupts in my view!

DB74

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

welcome...
    yes. i feel the same as u

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello and welcome to the board!!

We are so glad your here! We also look forward to more of your posts!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    What I'm trying to get at is this: does anybody out there feel like they want NOTHING to do with ANY organized religion?

Yep. I don't want anyone telling me how to dress, eat, use the restroom, pray, make love to my husband, how often to attend church, what to believe, how much money I should give, how to raise my kids,...etc... Religion has made me a nervous wreck!

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

I feel the same, i feel that organized religion will ultimatley burdon me with guilt , do things this way or else, some people find a religious group that satisfies a need , but mabey for a while you could keep it simple and just love and treat others as you would have them treat you.

• deeskis
    deeskis

YES!!

when I faded i had the visit from 2 elders and i told them that i did not want anything to do with organised religion as people end up on a power trip.

I have attended several churches sporadically but have found judgemental attitudes in all of them.............i guess that's just people!

welcome to the forum, stick around, it's a good place to support and be supported

best wishes D

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Zalrahs, the WTS has put many people off religion for life, in my view there are the cultic religions like the JWs and hundreds of others that are out to offer a pseudo spiritual service to their members while their real intention is to poison their minds and enslave them. And there are also the mainstream religions that to me are tolerable though I don't closely associate with any of them.

It's understandable why after the WTS experience most ex JWs will hate the concept of god and religion that's one of the consequences of their opportunism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit